Note to New Members ×

AK-MA Road Trip

AKBoarder

no kidding...one of my college buddies has a place in there...over in the beachfront units on the right (facing the water). for whatever reason I think it is #96?

Too funny, my wife's cousins and uncle own like 3 other units on that side.

Her cousin is the ( newish ) condo president.

Funny story, I guess the hyannis Yacht Club next store, it it was using a little triangle of the Yachtsman's land for beach access and trailer storage. The cousin noticed it and requested back rent for 30 years or so. When they offered him a grand total of $1, he put up a 6 foot triangle fence around the parcel and he's going to make a some sort of garden there.

ds

The site wont let me PM.

Send email to willywhit

welcome to the cape of cods

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=1015629&srvc=home

A shark who made a meal of a seal gave marine biologists a thrill and local officials the jitters after making a rare appearance last weekend off the coast of Chatham.

After speaking with a witness and seeing pictures of the seal carcass, Greg Skomal, aquatic biologist at the Massachusetts Division of Marine Fisheries, said it’s likely the shark spotted was a great white.

“I’m very intrigued,” he said. “It’s pretty rare.”

Great whites are occasionally seen attacking seals off the coasts of Australia and South Africa, but only once has anyone spotted a shark attacking a seal on the New England coast.

That was, until Saturday evening.

At 6 p.m. on Nauset Beach, when most of the swimmers had left the water, Chatham police received reports of a seal attack near shore.

Skomal said signs point to the shark being a great white, one of the feared species that reach lengths of 20 feet and can weigh up to 5,000 pounds, making it the world’s largest predatory fish because, “in all honesty, there are not too many shark species that would be capable of that sort of attack.”

Less sure is Chatham Harbormaster Stuart F.X. Smith, who said Nauset Beach’s seal population, numbering in the tens of thousands, frequently attracts various sharks.

“The blue shark is a common shark around here,” Smith said. “It’s usually only a threat to seals.”

Shark hits Chatham shore for order of takeout seal

After receiving police reports, Smith and his crew patrolled the waterways “a little more vigilantly” and encouraged people to stay out of the water and away from the seals.

“Sharks venture close to shore for seals,” he said. “Here, they can have breakfast, lunch, and dinner.”

post-123-141842234443_thumb.jpg

:biggthump

http://wbztv.com/seenon/local_story_235152343.html

great kitesurfing piece from last week

and here's one more reason to love BRASIL :1luvu:

http://media.bestkiteboarding.com/videos/brazil_is_back_2.wmv

so I take it that they can teach you how to kite board? maybe rent one for a day or so?? I want to learn but I dont have the cash up front to buy a set-up.

:biggthump

so I take it that they can teach you how to kite board? maybe rent one for a day or so?? I want to learn but I dont have the cash up front to buy a set-up.

AK, you can get a trainer kite like the one Mish was flying with Todd , they're like $150 and includes a video on basic instruction. Lessons cost alot and you can't just rent kite gear, way too dangerous without some skills.

Gleb just scored a complete quiver of gear for $700.

He'll be jumping by next summer if he puts in the time learning.

I don't mind teaching friends for cheap if I know they're serious about paying thier dues getting started.

It's a pretty fun but scary crash and burn session until you can stay up on the board.

this kid Jessie is a pro from Maui,recently busted his ankle kiting in the Gorge.

http://www.nwkite.com/videos/JessieRichmanCrash.wmv

Just like carving, kiting can be really dangerous/painful when you make a mistake.

The pic is my friend mike, an instructor , and it looks like his first little jump.funny,since the guy rips but the wind was really light that day

Jessie, post rehab

post-123-141842234459_thumb.jpg