Note to New Members ×

Just a little success story...

SnoBear

So I haven't posted very much or for a long time, but I wanted to let you all know that this forum and website helped me a lot this season.

Here is my quick story.

<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:12pt; height:12pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/amartin9/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/images/smilies/smile.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]--> I started snowboarding in 2000, self-taught and sore. After 3 winters of pain, I finally figured it out and was hooked. I ride with my skier husband so I stayed away from the park and gravitated to the steeps. As I became complacent I looked to try something new. I stumbled across BOL and started reading. I started asking for help and advise. Members gave me all the advice I could take! :D Then I just had to wait for snow.... Mammoth has had a weak season. So I got up the nerve to go outside my comfort zone and try my "new" set up. (Raichle 125's, OLD snowpro's and a F2 speedster GTS 157) The board is very squirrelly and short for me. So I put my snowpro's on my Arbor A-Frame (158) and a new love was born! I now have the confidence to really lean into my carves (though I have a long way to go). The stability of plates and hard boots is amazing!!!! I wished I had gone this route much earlier! I now have the confidence to hit the jumps, pipes etc and have even started hucking small drops. I LOVE IT!

So Long story short, Thank you to BOL and everyone that makes it happen. Snowboarding has gone to a new level for me! (May be next I will try that F2 again!) :biggthump

And again, the reason this site works. Huge thanks for sharing SnoBear. A lot of us sometimes forget the point of all of this and to hear someone take the time to learn and read always makes it worth while.

So how do we get your husband to convert :eplus2:

bobdea, I didn't realize you worked there...I recently got to know a friend of a friend that is an instructor out of Canyon, I mean Eagle. Gregg AKA Double G. Anyway, I am the kookie hardbooter on a freeride board, Green jacket, grey pants, white helmet crazy red hair sticking out the bottom. Always with a skier in red ('cause there are so few of them). I have seen a few hardbooters but usually I notice them from the lift.

Snobear, do you ever ride at the SoCal resorts, there seems to be an ever growing hardbooter club that rides at Snow Summit. Conditions can be quite good if you get there a few days after a storm blows through or if they have been able to make snow. Keep my name on file, when next year rolls around we can plan a hardbooter day with a few other SoCal carvers that reside on this website. Bring the hubbie, we will convert him to the other side!!

I don't go to SS often, I have a pass at Mammoth, but I could be easily convinced to come out for a hardboot day. My husband is interested in trying it, he skis so, if someone has a board set up for a 6 foot 200 lb guy, he would give it a try! :biggthump

So I haven't posted very much or for a long time, but I wanted to let you all know that this forum and website helped me a lot this season.

Here is my quick story.

<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:12pt; height:12pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/amartin9/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/images/smilies/smile.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]--> I started snowboarding in 2000, self-taught and sore. After 3 winters of pain, I finally figured it out and was hooked. I ride with my skier husband so I stayed away from the park and gravitated to the steeps. As I became complacent I looked to try something new. I stumbled across BOL and started reading. I started asking for help and advise. Members gave me all the advice I could take! :D Then I just had to wait for snow.... Mammoth has had a weak season. So I got up the nerve to go outside my comfort zone and try my "new" set up. (Raichle 125's, OLD snowpro's and a F2 speedster GTS 157) The board is very squirrelly and short for me. So I put my snowpro's on my Arbor A-Frame (158) and a new love was born! I now have the confidence to really lean into my carves (though I have a long way to go). The stability of plates and hard boots is amazing!!!! I wished I had gone this route much earlier! I now have the confidence to hit the jumps, pipes etc and have even started hucking small drops. I LOVE IT!

So Long story short, Thank you to BOL and everyone that makes it happen. Snowboarding has gone to a new level for me! (May be next I will try that F2 again!) :biggthump

I feel the same way. People here are extremely quick to help. Most helpful site I've ever been a part of.