Note to New Members ×

First post! Copper Longboard Run

fin

Ha, first one here! OK, liberty taken...

Just showing some pics from a long board run I did with the chicks from Hardbooter last spring, Dave and Bordy. They where in town for some training at Copper and I talked them into doing the Copper Run with me.

It is about 7 miles long and starts at Copper Mnt base area. You take the bike path down Ten Mile Canyon and hold on! Not really that bad, but there are a couple of spots where you are moving and it really makes you think "am I OK at this point?". All I told Dave was to NOT jump off, it all rolls out.......mostly.

The Google Earth pic is from the GPS unit I had on me. Stats:

- 7.16 miles

- Average speed = 12.8 mph

- Max Speed = 25.8 mph

- Time = 33 minutes

- Times Dave crapped his pants = 4

Best part is you get to the town of Frisco and then take the free bus back to the top. Anyone wants to come on out and do it, let me know!

post-1-141842232216_thumb.jpg

post-1-14184223222_thumb.jpg

post-1-141842232223_thumb.jpg

Fin that sounds awesome....I will definitely remember that for when I retire (I'm 2 years from that so it's not as bad as it sounds) and travel more. Oh if you are asking about that board on the left it's a Gravity and judging from the Vanguard next to it I will say it's a MiniCarve...nice board for the money

• 3 weeks later...

That rocks! (I mean the PCSB t-shirt) :eek:

Nice skateboard run too...the 2007 SEISMIC Nationals are in Longmont, CO Aug. 23-26. Might be fun to do the Nats and then hit that 7-miler for relaxation afterwards.

http://www.ncdsa.com/contest_registration.asp?ContestID=287

Hey Bordy, your pal Blagys grabbed the bronze in Open Class GS at the USASA Nats...and DROVE to Tahoe from CT to get it!! Are you walking again yet??

That rocks! (I mean the PCSB t-shirt) :eek:

Nice skateboard run too...the 2007 SEISMIC Nationals are in Longmont, CO Aug. 23-26. Might be fun to do the Nats and then hit that 7-miler for relaxation afterwards.

http://www.ncdsa.com/contest_registration.asp?ContestID=287

Hey Bordy, your pal Blagys grabbed the bronze in Open Class GS at the USASA Nats...and DROVE to Tahoe from CT to get it!! Are you walking again yet??

Heard about Blagys... Also heard he missed his SL start.... Silly Kevin.

I have been walking for mounths and Kiteing regularly for about a month...

I have about 2 months before I can get aggro with my knee so every thing I have been doing has been very mellow!

How was USASA's for yourself?

Yeah Kev missed his start, but they let him run anyway and a 3rd and a 7th ain't so bad...I love that SL hill at Northstar, nice and steep.

Glad to hear the recovery is going well - I guess it's been longer than I thought...how the hell did it get to be May 18th already???

USASA Nats. were great for me - Silver in GS, Gold in SL, Gold in Alpine Overall in the Legends division. I was pumped! Friday in the SL I had beat the entire 114 rider group (18 and over - no Open class). I just had one of those perfect SL runs you dream about on the blue course (first run) and then survived a VERY rough and soft red course the second run. It wasn't the same without Railey there, but I'll take it. Mario Mangiaracina and I had some great head to head battles as We were paired in three of the four runs, and I got him by a mere .11 seconds if you combine all four (SL + GS) runs.

I'm thinking of racing Open class, even at 45, next year - as is Mario. With Adam, Kevin, you and Jimmy in Open, plus others, maybe there should be an "Open Masters" class?? But it is always fun to beat some "kidz" at this age, when you can. I hope to see you at Copper next April if we both stay in one piece! I'm racing skateboard slalom again now so who knows how the body will hold up.

Keep on doin' it ALL....... :biggthump