Note to New Members ×

Mammoth 4/15 -4/17

Ray

I'll be there. Heading up in a few hours.

I hope it isn't too much dust on crust though. Should be nicer now though since the temps are lower. See you there!

Cool, finally get to ride together... let me know how it is. I am leaving Sunday afternoon and will be on the mountain first thing Monday morning. Weather looks promising.

Ray

Dave sent an email. I hope he makes it up. I'm going to try to hit the slopes fairly early before the storm hits so I can get some quality carving in.

See you guys tomorrow. Will probably park at chair 4. Bob are you working that lift again?

:)

Just got back in. The storm is in full effect now and visibility was getting really low/flat light. Before the snow started falling, conditions were pretty variable. Coming down Stump was pretty good. Firm but grippy. St Anton was pure ice, and some of the runs coming down from 10 were completely bulletproof. Crowds are pretty low for a weekend, so it was nice to open it up a bit and really haul ass. It is WAY too soft if you head past Roller Coaster. I would avoid the lower parts of Canyon, and all of Eagle if I were you.

I think I saw two other hardbooters, one guy wearing Indys on a SL length board, and another person heading down Broadway.

Thanks for the update.

Seems conditions coold be better... but with the aditional snow should be right on for Mon/Tues. I will park at chair 2 and probably ride there most of the time. Seems that's where conditions are the best...

So, it's coming down heavy, good!

nekdut, how long are you staying in Mammoth?

I am thinking of coming in for Tues/Wed now ... especially if it doesn't stop snowing any time soon, they don't groom for tomorrow...

Wow today was great. I did not expect so much fresh, and its really dry and light! There is almost no one here too, especially considering its a weekend! I saw bobdea working chair 16. It was great pow riding, and it didn't get tracked out all that quickly.

Ray, I am leaving town in a few hours unfortunately. Gotta get to work tomorrow. I'm sure you'll have a good time out here. It might be a bit warm tomorrow, but its supposed to get really cold again midweek.

How've conditions been?

It sounds really nice right now. Do you guys think it'll hold up this weekend? I'm trying to plan a trip for this weekend (4/20 to 4/22), but also want to make sure it'll be worth my time (although I'm thinking any snow will be worth my time now with how desparate I am).