Note to New Members ×

Stratton Tomorrow?

queequeg

I am trying to decide on whether or not to go to stratton tomorrow (taking the bus from NYC). My front knee still hurts a bit from repeatedly biting it last week on my first day in 2+ years ... but Its not that bad. I have a three-day trip to Timberline coming up next week so I don't want to unduly stress the knee, but I figure, if there are enough wide, genteel trails open where I can continue to re-aquaint myself with carving at stratton as a warmup, then it may not be a bad idea ... or if there are going to be any hardbooters on the mountain that wqould be willing to watch me for a run and critique my technique, that would be pretty awesome.

It looks like its going to be really warm ... I've never ridden strattton in the spring (it's been a really long time since I've been there) ... how is their grooming in spring conditions?

All East Coast Mountains now that its melting everyday are going to be bulletproof ice cord in the morning, turning to medium soft snow around 10 to 11 am then afternoons turning to heavy wet corn snow. Best time to ride is first thing in am if there is sun on the trail or 10 am once the base breaks free. While it may be warm during the day it still drops below freezing almost everynight, this sets the snow very hard especially when put away very wet from the day before. My 2 cents.

EZE