Note to New Members ×

POW boards

roscoe

The 4807 is no Dupraz.

Thanks Skully,

There will be more Dupraz like shapes on the market next year.

I would not ride a powder board with hardboots ever again. Its a bit like fishen with dynamite. It will work but it sure is only fun if you like dynamite. I love hardboots, but powder is soft for a reason and so are softboots....

Also most powder boards become over powered with stiff softboot-bindings, let alone the awsome power of the softest plastic boot.

Mike - do you know if its actually been raining on the mountain? I'm trying to decide if the 530 wake after a saturday night is worth it or not. And thank you for your input on the board - good to know that its not ALL my lack of experience (though i'm sure thats a good part of it)

it seems that since I'm on the eastcoast, the 168 would be a better option, b/c I will rarely have big open bowls, and more likely just be on relatively narrow trails or going off piste into the trees. (please, correct me if i'm wrong)

How much do blueb's 4807s go for? We'll see if this really an option, or another wish-list item :( .

The Dupraz, the 4807, and the pogo longboard... all great shapes, probably better suited for east coast riding than a swallowtail. If you plan on staying on this side of the country for a while, investing in a swallowtail is wasted money. We just dont get that much powder. If you want a powder board, id suggest one from that bunch, a powder board that's not just for powder. a hybrid, if you will.

for the record, I ride my longboard with hardboots now, regardless of snow conditions. another great quality of hybrid shapes is the ability to ride most of them with hard or soft boots. but I just can't go back, try as I might. Just personal preference, as Bordy put it I love dynamite.

Also most powder boards become over powered with stiff softboot-bindings, let alone the awsome power of the softest plastic boot.

I rode my burton indie with hardboots once, and for a relatively stiff board, it was pretty damn washy and soft, and i was using bottom of the line deeluxe's. I'd think that riding a powder board with them would be even worse

The 4807 is no Dupraz.

Thanks Skully,

There will be more Dupraz like shapes on the market next year.

I would not ride a powder board with hardboots ever again. Its a bit like fishen with dynamite. It will work but it sure is only fun if you like dynamite. I love hardboots, but powder is soft for a reason and so are softboots....

Well since now I am not the first one to fart in church :lol: I will heartily agree. Hardboots are great but why screw up a good powder day with them:smashfrea

A good softie setup lets you experience the float and fluff properly.:biggthump