Note to New Members ×

Pavement Carving, MN

Guest jeffrey1knee

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lotatimmy

It's a DJ... the line going to the end of the board is the cord from the headphones, if you look close you can see the headphone plug on the bottom.

Guest lotatimmy

another great drop, just be sure you have a friend to drive down an pick you up

It's the first exit north of the 494/169 interchange.

169drop.jpg

Nice LONG drop, you can ride out in the parking lot on the bottom, or coast out on the flats at the end. The hike up isn't fun though.

*note* about halfway down there is a gravelish road which kicks some rocks into the street. Make sure to check it before you drop.

-Tim

i need bearings too. i need to get off my ass and order some biltins.

http://www.biltin.com/

problem is you can't find them... everyone is out of stock except sk8kings. i found that out through someone on bomber. i need to email sk8kings. they got some deal where you order the moc bearings but they'll sub the biltins.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jeffrey1knee

I hit the Hyland trail again this weekend - that place is great. Thanks, Tim. Also, thanks for the invite to Shawn's. The hill at his house is sweet and it was good to meet him and all the other guys.

Any luck with the new bearings yet, bobble? btw, if you find a really steep hill, old slow bearings may be favorable :)

Guest lotatimmy

I did two laps around lake calhoon on saturday. It was a good time, lots of eye candy. I did get tripped up on my board though and hit the ground pretty good, taking off most of the skin on my elbow. Oh well, ya pay to play :-).

re: bearings. someone on bomber put me in contact with sk8tkings for biltins. i haven't ordered them yet. the person at sk8tkings said i need to order some other set of bearings off their web page and they'd automatically substitute in the biltins. kinda seemed strange so i put it on hold.

work is keeping me very busy. its is sucking my soul -- long hours and lots of stress. allergies or the meds knocked me down this weekend. i only made it out once last week to go boarding around the area. i really hate boarding into the wind.

re: calhoun. i've done that a few times last year. my feet hurt from pumping so much. great place for longboarding. its fun pumping the board and passing people on rollerblades. the path near the bridge is a little dicey. i drag my foot when going down on that hill.

Guest lotatimmy
work is keeping me very busy. its is sucking my soul -- long hours and lots of stress.

re: calhoun. i've done that a few times last year. my feet hurt from pumping so much. great place for longboarding. its fun pumping the board and passing people on rollerblades. the path near the bridge is a little dicey. i drag my foot when going down on that hill.

Work sucks, agreed. Mine has sucked a lot of life out of me already, and I only started about 4 months ago.

Calhoun is great though, I cleaned off that hill before I hit it, and it was fine. Only thing to watch out for, are people walking in the "fast" lane :-). I too, like passing rollerbladers haha!

-Tim

Guest jeffrey1knee
The Park and scenic

overlook of the wetland preserve is on the Left, and a good place to start.

Trail continues North somewhat parallel to Hwy 13 then along the river bluffs....

The full loop is about 7 miles I think. From this starting point the trail has a fairly gentle downward grade... so it's a bit more of a challenge on the return trip.

If you only want the Hill in Mendota..

Start here : 44°53'0.67"N , 93°10'9.32"W

Finally made it here.. started at the spot on hwy 13 just past Axel's where the trail crosses 13. Rode down to Lilydale. Next time I'll drive to Lilydale and park, go 'up' the trail first, then down. This section is fun and pretty. I also bombed the trail that runs down next to Lilydale - no gloves with me and not enough width on this trail to slow down though so I ended up basically dragging my foot until my legs were on fire. Sat on the board the rest of the way down :nono:

I checked out some of the trail south of Axel's but it seemed rough. Maybe I wasn't in the right spot?

Maybe I'll try Calhoun this weekend, or go back to Hyland again.. I really like those trails.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jeffrey1knee

Went to Calhoun to ride yesterday after work.. It looked beautiful when I left work in Eagan, pretty enough on the road there, got close... and then the rain came and didn't stop until I had to leave for home and fatherly duties.

I did stop by Cal Surf and checked out the boards there... I'm thinking about a Sector 9 Chopes after riding Shawn's (Tim's bud) a few weeks ago. It was a fun little board.

Went to Calhoun to ride yesterday after work.. It looked beautiful when I left work in Eagan, pretty enough on the road there, got close... and then the rain came and didn't stop until I had to leave for home and fatherly duties.

I did stop by Cal Surf and checked out the boards there... I'm thinking about a Sector 9 Chopes after riding Shawn's (Tim's bud) a few weeks ago. It was a fun little board.

where do you work?

Guest jeffrey1knee

You're welcome to try my vanguard anytime...

We were out by Tim's at some softball field's by where Prince's old studio was. I'm like a GPS, huh? precision is my middle name.

Nice job putting the video together Tim. I was surprised to see it up so quickly.

Guest lotatimmy

LakeAnn.jpg

Here is the park we were at, just go west on hwy 5 from 494 about 10 miles. You'll see a target store on the right side, turn right at the stoplight that would lead you to the target, at the next stoiplight take a left (on lake ann road) which will take you directly to the park. it's all fresh blacktop with about 4 different runs available!

Guest jeffrey1knee

is that an alien face imprint just to the upper right of your red circle? I think it is. You're a google earth / pic / video posting master. Now, go find us another great spot!!! :biggthump

Guest lotatimmy
another great drop, just be sure you have a friend to drive down an pick you up

It's the first exit north of the 494/169 interchange.

169drop.jpg

Nice LONG drop, you can ride out in the parking lot on the bottom, or coast out on the flats at the end. The hike up isn't fun though.

*note* about halfway down there is a gravelish road which kicks some rocks into the street. Make sure to check it before you drop.

-Tim

Jeff, I'm tellin ya... this one is sick! It's sooo long, and brand new pavement!

-Tim

Guest jediskater

I live in Robbinsdale. There are many hills in my neighborhood, most are fesh tar. Biggest one I've found near my house so far is 27th ave & Drew. There are many more around that area.

If you take Victory Memorial Parkway northbound (starting in Robbinsdale and going north), the path is pristine and slopes slightly downward for a good 2+ miles. It's fun to slolm the dashes dividing the path. Kicking back the other way isn't too hard either, or you can take the streets and go a different route.

Calhoun and Harriet are fun and all, a bit tame though if yuo ask me. When we get out of the neighborhood, we usually jut drive around looking for goos spots. When we find one, one person jumps out of the car and rides, while the other person follows behind in the car. If it's cool enough, we'll drive back up it and switch. Otherwise we just keep looking.

You can find fun places just about anywhere, imho. Especially the 'burbs or newer development with fresh streets.