Note to New Members ×

so..... I got some skis

bobdea

and am learning to tele when I get some time, my goal being that I become able to ski pretty well by the end of next season, that means I will not be on my snowboard as much

I don't know what Mammoth has done to me but I am really turned off by the direction of the snowboard industry for some reason at this point, I realise that alpine is quite far from the mainstream but for some reason I feel like I need to move to the chic chocs or green mountains and tele

in other news, I wrecked my shoulder today while riding my coiler

and am learning to tele when I get some time, my goal being that I become able to ski pretty well by the end of next season, that means I will not be on my snowboard as much

I don't know what Mammoth has done to me but I am really turned off by the direction of the snowboard industry for some reason at this point, I realise that alpine is quite far from the mainstream but for some reason I feel like I need to move to the chic chocs or green mountains and tele

in other news, I wrecked my shoulder today while riding my coiler

First off Bob-- You are not supposed to be riding your Coiler on your shoulders -- you see the bindings are for your feet - not your shoulders.

Second... friends don't let friends ride 2 sticks. Anyone close to him so we can have an intervention?

:biggthump:biggthump

Have a good ride -- hope you come back to the dark side.

Once you get the hang of teles, you might want to give teleboarding a shot - I saw a guy at wawa recently on one and it looked awesome.

Guest smarz85

I'm a snowboard coach out of NH and run the Loon Race program and work for the Holderness School Program. I get on snow about 130 days/year and needed to switch it up. I've been on tele's for the majority of the second half of this season and I've found it super easy to coach/set on them. Keep it up, it's worth taking the time to learn.

-smarz

I've always said that if I were single, I would telemark because so many women tele out west. They're are generally the type you would want to meet.

BobD

yup, I love the tele girls, grrrrrrrr so yummy...

teleboards, you probably saw Martin or Eric, the owners of the company, they ride there quite a bit, they are great guys.

You'll love it! It is a total blast. I will never give up snowboarding, but, there has been a year or two where the tele's are the only things that hit the snow........

Just for reference, Minnesota can get a little boring once in a while.

You don't need to LOCK your heels down, just down lift them up, works just fine and is REALLY good practice for balance.