Note to New Members ×

Hardbooter gets a new look

Kirk

WARNING: Shameless plug ahead-

Just wanted to give a heads-up for those who haven't been there recently:

www.hardbooter.com

If you are new or haven't had the opportunity to interact with these folks, look 'em up! Great people with a sincere passion for the sport along with the experience and technical expertise to fuel your stoke.

Nice work guys :biggthump

I second that. Nice clean new site. These guys are truly an asset to our sport and they speak from a ridiculous amount of experience. Looking forward to the articles and reviews.

I should add that Billy and Dave are incredible with the demos. I completely changed around the boards I was riding mid-season because for a few bucks, they let me try board after board. They even let me take several of my favorites for a few days so I could really test them out in different conditons. Thanks guys.

Hey Kirk, how are them temps around your parts? :angryfire A little warm?

On their homepage:

Right now we've just got the shop but will be adding the gallery, text articles including the now infamous Hardbooter gear reviews and our video section.

It does not mention their forum, which was just a spam magnet anyway.

Yeah, I'm not sure what happened to the forums - I'm sure Dave will enlighten us on that. I do know that there was a lot crap being put on there by hacks and spammers. Kinda like what was happening here in the gear reviews section. Maybe it became too much of a hassle to maintain??

Buell - MUCH warmer than it should be :angryfire Supposedly a cooling trend by mid-week with some precip....hopefully snow higher up :confused: This past week and coming week are crazy busy with traveling/work. Won't get back on snow until next week (if it's still in existence) :(

How's the knee? Hope you and Rebecca are doing well - OES looked like a blast!!

Hey Kirk, get on the snow! It will be gone soon.

The knee will eventually get there. Looks like another 7 weeks on crutches - long recovery for this one. Rebecca is getting in some good riding though.

Yes, the OES was a blast, we are hoping to see you next year (in Utah and at OES). :biggthump

Simple answer is.... There used to be three off us at hardbooter. Myself, Dave and our web monkey Mikey. He's not around anymore so we had to take the Website into our own hands.

We are still trying to get the reveiws vids and pics back up.

Dave has been working very hard to just keep the store up, we have decided the forum is a mute point knowing that BOL has more action then anywhere else and we are both tired of reciving hundreds of spam e-mails daily...

We wil continue to provide high end alpine gear for the hardcore rider, utah local and anyone else who needs action that we have.

Thanks as always to all who keep us going. We just have a small hurdle to overcome currently. As always the Bomber crew has had our back and continues to be our biggest supplier.

Billy

Hey guys,

As Bill said, we lost our 1's and 0's guy in the middle of the season and I've had to learn a lot to get the new site fired up. I'm still working out some bugs so if you see anything silly, please bring it to our attention. I should have a new host sometime this week and we will, at that time, paste all of the articles, vids and photos back onto the HB site.

As stated above, the spam on our old forum was just too much to keep up with for the amount of traffic we had so we've axed it. Most of our members were also members over here at the Bomber forum. Most of the community as a whole, I think we all realize, posts over here and so Billy and I will be glad to share what we know in the Bomber forum.

We'll be releasing news letters on events, text and video releases, etc with a mass email format type newsletter. I've collected email addy's for the last 3 years through simple corrispondences to actual sales but I'm sure I've missed a few. If you have not contacted us for any reason in the past and would like to be a part of our newsletter, drop me a line and I'll add you to the list. It might take a week or two to paste all the addy's I have into a database but it will happen. I'm still sorting out the "unsubscribe" issue as we don't want to bug anyone more than once if you're not interested. (any shareware out there that someone knows of to facilitate this easily?)

Billy and I would really like to thank Curt Chapman aka Skully over here, for filling the void. He's put in a ton of hours with me to get this thing rolling and I absolutely could not have done it without him. Thanks Skully!!

Anyhow, we're honored to be a part of this wonderful group of riders and especially indebted to the Bomber crew for the privaledge to post HB specific items on their turf.

With that said, go check out the site and while surfing around, keep in mind that constructive criticism is very welcome!!

Simple answer is.... There used to be three off us at hardbooter. Myself, Dave and our web monkey Mikey. He's not around anymore so we had to take the Website into our own hands.
Hey Billy, I just got back from a trade show in NH and ran into a friend of yours - Arvid Swanson, sales rep for Rossignol. I gather he used to do a lot of racing.

We were discussing the Rossi Mini, a 121cm adult softboot board that is a blast. I demoed one at Stratton about six weeks ago and thought it might be a good tool for first timers to try. My 54 year old wife (strictly cross country skier) is even considering taking up boarding.

OK, you asked us to point out anything "silly" on the site. I was just adding some stuff to my cart and then had it calculate tax. Hmmm. That's a lot of tax:

biglines_73937.jpg

Either someone is really bad at math, they put the decimal point in the wrong place, or the state of Utah has found a new way to make money. The even weirder thing is I probably shouldn't be charged any tax since its shipping out of state.

Either someone is really bad at math, they put the decimal point in the wrong place, or the state of Utah has found a new way to make money. The even weirder thing is I probably shouldn't be charged any tax since its shipping out of state.

It calculated 830% tax, which is multiplying litterally by 8.3, instead of multiplying by 8.3% (.083). Just for clarification in case somebody wants to know what went wrong, but doesnt want to waste their time figuring it out:p

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah and she's quick to remind me every time I have it out ready to take to the hill...like this morning: "Hey there's my board!"

Me: "Well Karissa, I was hoping it would be OK for me to take it. Is it OK?"

Her: "Yeah it's OK this time."

Me: "Hey thanks!" ;)

Those of you with little girls know...they just have daddy wrapped around their little finger. It's just a fact.

OK, you asked us to point out anything "silly" on the site. I was just adding some stuff to my cart and then had it calculate tax. Hmmm. That's a lot of tax:

Thanks for the heads up. The default decimal for Cali was 2 spots right, as pointed out.

Y'all rule.

Dave