Note to New Members ×

Nos Madd 158

Shaggy

NEW, never mounted, never ridden, never tuned ORIGINAL MADD 158. Speckled base. BRASS INSERTS. This is the board that the "hype" was all about. This is one of two known NEW ORIGINAL MADD 158's. You will not be dissapointed! Please don't ask for specs or photos.

$1250 shipped in the USA only.

Shaggy, long time since we last talked... and even longer from riding at gunstock...how is it going? hows your daughters racing going? is she still into it? you will smile to hear this season i put on a full court press to ride alpine and having agreat time and meeting a lot of new people and the funny thing is they (most) know you (fleck, bleckman+others i just can't remember names)..i took a lesson with eric a few weeks ago up at the loaf and riding has gone to a new level..

I see your selling a 158 but 1250.00. for that price it has to do a lot more than a good ride!!!!!!!!!

were are you riding these days? i heard you got a new job-let me know whats up and i will see if we can get out and ride one day

catch ya soon

ed griffin

Ed,

Check out the detail of the 58, they are not like this anymore.

Great to hear that you are learning from one of the best! Your ridding friends are some of the best around! It's good to be you! Let's plan on getting together next season as this one is done!

Shaggy

post-2519-141842231193_thumb.jpg

There will be a review here soon: http://www.hardbooter.com/category_s/8.htm Just have to give Billy a little time to get it back on....

It's up: Trying (not to get) Madd

We're slowly working on getting all the articles back up. If there is an article that anyone is particularly interested in seeing again, let us know and we'll work on it....

P.S. I've ridden an original Madd... And they do live up to the hype....

Why does the Nos go for $1200.00 when the other Madd 158 go for 300.00? Must be an amazing difference that I don't know about! PLEASE! Educate me. Scott

the last couple of these I've seen (used ones) sold for around $1000, so $1250 is a reasonable price. it is a totally different board from the new ones. I can tell you the difference in the ride, but it's also very much a collector's item.

Now that the board is sold, I'd like to chime in here.

I've never ridden an original 158. I didn't really like the 158 I demo'd in 2004 - didn't see what all the fuss was about, and it just seemed like any other short, nervous board with a minuscule sweet spot. They worked for some people, just not me. The $300 used 158's we see popping up here and there are surely of this variety, given away by their blue tinted topsheets.

Then I demo'd a new 158 in 2006. Completely different board, *had* to have one. This January I took delivery of my new 2007 158 f3. I cannot imagine any 157-163cm alpine snowboard made by any manufacturer at any time now or in history carving any better than this.

If the original Madd 158 is indeed better, then it is surely worth the price someone paid. However I don't believe that is possible.

My new 158 eliminates all curiosity I ever had about the originals. I can enjoy and recommend it without reservation.

This January I took delivery of my new 2007 158 f3. I cannot imagine any 157-163cm alpine snowboard made by any manufacturer at any time now or in history carving any better than this.

Which I lovinly packed and shipped....How can you really be "ILL" with me when I pring such joy to your life??????

If the original Madd 158 is indeed better, then it is surely worth the price someone paid. However I don't believe that is possible.

Its true and is in my Opinion...

My new 158 eliminates all curiosity I ever had about the originals. I can enjoy and recommend it without reservation.[/i]

There are huge differences in many of the Madds flex and ride in the same shape. The hope is everyone can find their dream ride...