Note to New Members ×

Just got back from CO

carvin29

Went to Breck, Vail and Beaver Creek. Was very surprised because I liked Beaver Creek much better than Vail. I didn't really get to explore Vail as much as I wanted to due to snow and fog, but the runs at Beav were so nice, long and wide open, cord everywhere.

I had always heard that Vail was the be-all, end-all resort so I'm really surprised.

I went to vail once and it was very pathetic and pretecius place. after spending 80 $ i was presented a little photocopy of groomed trails (very few) well i understand that thay are about powder but i was not powder day at all, only frozen slush turning into slush again. plus thay had the most cheesy "alpain" village.

I was disapointed and thinking that east cost is accualy beter.

Leater we drove to leadville witch was awsome mineing town, next time i go there i would stay in leadville and go to copper or bever creek

vail is definately a powder day mountain, but it usually gets pretty tracked out. BC is by far the most fun mtn I've been to in CO for carving, and I've never seen it crowded, like the other Vail resorts get. Plus, BC has cookies and hot chocolate at the end of the day and escalators. But if you stay in leadville, definately check out Ski Cooper. It's super fun to play around at and there's no one ever there.

Booster, I'm sure you know your way around alot better than me and could show me some fun stuff. My day there was snowing/fog so that didn;t help.

I'm glad though that some other people affirmed what I said about BC. I especially enjoyed some of the long winding cat tracks. At the end my day there I had found a run where I would hit some moderate pitches, then cruise along a cat track, then back onto the main trails, so fun.

Booster, I'm sure you know your way around alot better than me and could show me some fun stuff. My day there was snowing/fog so that didn;t help.

I'm glad though that some other people affirmed what I said about BC. I especially enjoyed some of the long winding cat tracks. At the end my day there I had found a run where I would hit some moderate pitches, then cruise along a cat track, then back onto the main trails, so fun.

when were you there exaclty?

No comments on Breckenridge? I just got back from a week at breck. We got 5 solid days riding in. I guess this wasn't the best snow year for them as some days were not any better than the east coast. I also thought it was more of a skiers resort, with flat connector trails and long commutes between bases. And pricey pricey! 2 lift tickets and 2 all day lessons for the kids ran close to $500 a day! I never saw another hard booter either.

I'll be back though, as we have a free ski-in ski out condo to stay in.

Too bad it wasn't at Beaver Creek.

post-182-141842230684_thumb.jpg

No comments on Breckenridge? I just got back from a week at breck. We got 5 solid days riding in. I guess this wasn't the best snow year for them as some days were not any better than the east coast. I also thought it was more of a skiers resort, with flat connector trails and long commutes between bases. And pricey pricey! 2 lift tickets and 2 all day lessons for the kids ran close to $500 a day! I never saw another hard booter either.

I'll be back though, as we have a free ski-in ski out condo to stay in.

Too bad it wasn't at Beaver Creek.

Too bad you didn't catch up with Mark J. from Albuquerque. He's instructing at Breck this season. One of the best carvers I've been blessed to ride with and an amazing instructor as well!

He should have his level 3 by now...Boy have I missed riding with him this season.