Note to New Members ×

Winter Park/Sol Vista 16&17th

Thor VonRippington

Unless they get some new snow, it will probably be crusty in the AM. So, I don't know if people want to get an early start or not. I usually like to head up early to avoid the traffic but I'm not sure this weekend.

Is there any interest in meeting at a parking lot at the I-70 Morrison exit & sharing a ride up?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any interest in meeting at a parking lot at the I-70 Morrison exit & sharing a ride up?

Sorry old, the pain train is full up, though I think Dr Bola may be heading up with a virus. You might want to check w/ him

mario

I have beer, brats, italian sausage, keilbasa, propane and propane related accessories and a few other misc. accoutraments for post session sat. D.T. has condiments and fine china taken care of. If anyone is interested in bringing any sides, that might be a good thing, as well as additional beer as needed. My cook stove is about a gozillion btu, 3 burner, so if y'all want to bring a can or 2 of beans, that would be okay too. See you saturday.

mario

ps my cell: 303-210-9742

Just talked to Ink, Safeway wants $75 for WP lift tickets. I have two $47 lift ticket coupons available (other two are spoken for). If you have an Entertainment Book, check it for the coupons. Worst case scenario, several of us have season passes and can buy discounted tickets with them. See ya in the morning!!!! :D

my pass is available to buy tickets with. Don't know what the final cost will be

today the snow didn't soften up until 10:30-11. we will have a space right next to the challenger lift, snow bank side. I think Bola is going to bring a pop up tent for some shade. Otherwise look for an old grey chevy s-10 with a truck box and a dog (tan/white husky mix), sometimes she responds to Jerry, depends upon her mood. (don't worry she is by far the best dog in the lot).

Great times today

I believe that last weekend the "Full Lot" barrier went up about 8:20 AM, FYI.

I've got some beer and Potato Salad

Good times indeed! Around twenty riders (some who were walk-ups that found us in the parking lot) and thirty or so boards.

Many thanks to Bola for styling us with a tent and a quiver of demos... "Nice Antiques"!

Mario and DT know how to tailgate! Thanks for the grub guys!

Thanks to all who came up... hope to ride with you again soon!

(((Recon and I hit the free night riding at Sol Vista last night after the WP session... I think there might have been a total of a dozen people on the hill.)))

I really enjoyed riding with all of you this past couple of days. Also, thanks Bola and Thor for the use of some bad ass boards. Rode a SG with a Hangle plate, NICE RIDE, that thing was a cruise missle. Don't know anything about them other than whats on the web site but definately a worthy ride. Also a big thanks to Big Mario and whom ever else provided beer and food.

Think Snow