Note to New Members ×

Am I seeing things?

Gleb

I walked out of my dorm to get breakfast the other day and it was -5 degrees out, but about -30 or -35 with the windchill. Hair froze about 10 steps out of the door. that was a fun day of classes.

Coldest day of riding was a few weeks ago, not sure of temp, but I think I heard about -20 with wind. some frostbite on teh face but nothing too bad

Smuggler's Notch VT January... i think it was the 20th but im not entirely sure. -32 degrees at the top (according to ski patrollers), wind whipping up the face of madonna mountain... that was a day for hand warmers, toe warmers, face mask, scarf, and 4 layers under the jacket and liner

Back in the late 60's I worked selling clothes in Duluth Minnesota. Had the Beatle haircut, and was always running late. You could count on anything wet freezing when you went out in the morning, and your car never being able to warm up before you got to work. It would take 15 minutes before it even blew cool. Anyway would take the shower, walk out with wet hair, freeze it in place and by the time I got to work the hair was like dry ice with the freezing cold and ultra low humidity. and stayed that way all day. Just like hairspray. Never had to use a blow dryer in the winter.

Now on the other hand, when you went out skate skiing you would have to stuff a thick wool sock over the "Package" or it really wouldn't function all that well, and would hurt for an hour afterward.

Most memorable cold weather times were going on a camping trip for a week when the temp never cracked -20 F and getting stuck on the ice on Lake Superior while it was cracking underneath the truck, and jumping on my trampoline at -39 in the most eerie silence I have never heard. Was like walking on the dark side of the moon.

A bit chilly... -30*F / - 75*F with windchill at Mount Washington

-29*F at Sugarloaf on Tuesday this week too... 65 mph winds at the summit - thats -65*F. They closed the entire mountain at lunch time due to extreme frostbite conditions... It was howling - but the snow was awesome!

-29*F at Sugarloaf on Tuesday this week too... 65 mph winds at the summit - thats -65*F. They closed the entire mountain at lunch time due to extreme frostbite conditions... It was howling - but the snow was awesome!

it takes alot to make me quit for the day, especially after a long drive, and at that point, I'd just say F that.