Note to New Members ×

wawa-ride

griff

doesn't look like first tracks for me its going to take most of the morning to dig out the snow and ice is so heavy i could bearly shovel off my front steps..

so i don't think this morning is going to happen but Sunday morning for first tracks will work.

I may try later, I have to see.

I did go last night and it was great they groomed the trails and for the first 6 or so runs were the best of the season plus nobody there. i put plates on my soft fat board and worked out the best.. it was easy to float and when needed able to layin an edge, which surprised me how well it did work, I may never go back to soft boots now.

if you guys get out there this morning drive safe and let me know how it was.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm likely going to be in the same boat as you Ed. I should have started to dig out last night when I got home....

I'll try tomorrow morning again but it will depend on schedules with my wife/daughter.

doesn't look like first tracks for me its going to take most of the morning to dig out the snow and ice is so heavy i could bearly shovel off my front steps..

so i don't think this morning is going to happen but Sunday morning for first tracks will work.

I may try later, I have to see.

I did go last night and it was great they groomed the trails and for the first 6 or so runs were the best of the season plus nobody there. i put plates on my soft fat board and worked out the best.. it was easy to float and when needed able to layin an edge, which surprised me how well it did work, I may never go back to soft boots now.

if you guys get out there this morning drive safe and let me know how it was.

i got up at 4 to try and get there by 8... ended up getting there after 8:30 (roads were pretty bad)... powder was decent first couple runs but after awhile it got pretty bumped out.

i met up with lee after my second run and we rode down probably about 10 or so together. it was great to finally ride with another hardbooter!

see you guys around.

dan, same here a great day out and i hope we get more.

i went out for a few runs on the HT, its a keeper!!! it is simular to my rt, stiffer overall. i liked having a narrower board i wouldn't have thought that little would feel any differently..

thanks for the demo-let me know if you want to meet somewhere so i can give you back the board and boots.. if you want to you can take my rt and give that a ride or my atomic alibi (fatty).

how did the back hold up later in the day?

i think i will be at wawa tomorrow night.

angie or lee, any plans?

I was just about to write and see who was planning to be around tomorrow night. I didn't make it out this weekend, so I'm itching to get on some of this "new" snow before it warms up and rains. I am definitely planning to come tomorrow after work!

great minds think alike!!!

it should be great a bit cold i heard (18 degreess) which means the snow will be great after they groom it. we can play follow the groomers all night.

if something comes up i will post it, as it stands now, i'm there..

did you get the new board?

dan, same here a great day out and i hope we get more.

i went out for a few runs on the HT, its a keeper!!! it is simular to my rt, stiffer overall. i liked having a narrower board i wouldn't have thought that little would feel any differently..

thanks for the demo-let me know if you want to meet somewhere so i can give you back the board and boots.. if you want to you can take my rt and give that a ride or my atomic alibi (fatty).

how did the back hold up later in the day?

i think i will be at wawa tomorrow night.

angie or lee, any plans?

So you don't want to buy it? I have someone else interested so if you don't want it, I'll let her go - I think I'm going to stick to something that has a smaller sidecut - I like the snappiness of my 8.5m Nitro.

Back was fine - although I was surprised that my shoulders and upper body were so sore when I got home. Aside from the continuous numbness, it seems fine - I guess it won't hurt when I next bail.

I'm headed to the Loaf for the weekend...so I won't be around. I will probably come out at least one day next week though. We need to milk the season (pass) for all its worth! And my new Prior came yesterday, I need to get some time on it! :1luvu:

Dan, count me in for the weekend..is wawa opening lifts at 7.30? my understanding is there were to be early openings but i never saw it on their web site. if you found it do tell me for future dates.

sat or sun will work i guess it depends on mother nature..

Dan, count me in for the weekend..is wawa opening lifts at 7.30? my understanding is there were to be early openings but i never saw it on their web site. if you found it do tell me for future dates.

sat or sun will work i guess it depends on mother nature..

Everytime I've been there before 8, I see them letting riders up, so I'm assuming that somewhere between 7:30 and 8:00 they're opening up the lifts. Last weekend before I saw you I was able to get up at least once or twice before 8.

I'm watching the weather and it looks like a toss-up, either rain or snow depending on which day. Might need to wait until Friday to make the call - or just go both days.:biggthump

Saw two guys on plates today but I was busy teaching lil kids how to ride. Don't if it was you two. Someone was in UPZ but I didn't catch the board. I took my F2 silb and speedster out. The speedster is amazing in those conditions, I couldn't believe it. Maybe going again monday if NH isn't good.