Note to New Members ×

wawa-ride

griff

Saw two guys on plates today but I was busy teaching lil kids how to ride. Don't if it was you two. Someone was in UPZ but I didn't catch the board. I took my F2 silb and speedster out. The speedster is amazing in those conditions, I couldn't believe it. Maybe going again monday if NH isn't good.

That was Ed and me (Daniel). We saw you once but lost you after that - we looked around a bit but didn't see you again.

Might not be able to get up on Monday but Tuesday or Wednesday I might make the trip if the conditions hold up.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How was it today guys?

Killer day here at Sugarloaf - bluest sky I've seen in the east, and warm enough to ride in a shirt and no coat :)

I think I'm heading out Tuesday, tentatively. Busy week this week, so we'll see. I'd like to make it out there at least one more time before they close!

Great conditions in the morning, but it started to get pretty heavy towards noon. Post if you decide to go up sometime during the week. I'll be going at least one more time on a week night but it'll likely be my last trip to wawa since I'll be at Mt Abrams and Sunday River next weekend and I'm not too hopeful that there is going to be much snow left if 2 weeks.

That was Ed and me (Daniel). We saw you once but lost you after that - we looked around a bit but didn't see you again.

Might not be able to get up on Monday but Tuesday or Wednesday I might make the trip if the conditions hold up.

I went to the summit lift after one or 2 runs and stayed there all day. I didn't really start carving till about 11 when it got really soft. It wasn't busy at all. we were there with the Youth Enrichment Services that were running the Mass Snow challenge.

Angie, it was like waterskiing today. Extremely slushy. With these temps, wachusett wont last long at all. Snowing in boston now so I'm hoping its snowing out there too. I wish we went to NH today though. See ya guys around this season or next. I'm already getting psyced up for next year.

Well wawa is indicating their closing date is the 1st, so I'm going to go as much as possible until then. Also found out that one of the mountains in Maine we were going to next weekend closed early so we've cancelled those plans. Hopefully I'll get one more good weekend day at wawa next weekend and at least one night trip this week. I'm really sorta bummed :( - I finally felt as though I was starting to get used to riding on my edges this season instead of sliding all over the place...

[EDIT] - I'll be there Tuesday night it seems - have an offsite appointment at 4 so I'll be able to get there at a reasonable time.

hi ed (and everyone else)!

I don't think I"m goign to make it out this week :confused:

With being gone for the weekend and needing to repack to head up to Killington Thursday after work, I think I"m going to be stretched a little too thin. I definitely do want to make it there before they close, so I"ll be sure to get out a day next week, even if there's no snow left!

I rode my new Prior AWD yesterday. I loooooove it!

hi ed (and everyone else)!

I don't think I"m goign to make it out this week :confused:

With being gone for the weekend and needing to repack to head up to Killington Thursday after work, I think I"m going to be stretched a little too thin. I definitely do want to make it there before they close, so I"ll be sure to get out a day next week, even if there's no snow left!

I rode my new Prior AWD yesterday. I loooooove it!

It's closing this coming Sunday so don't wait too long. I'll likely make it out this weekend one day, and then we're heading north to Sunapee for a day trip so I figure I have 2 days left at wawa before the seasons over. Not sure what will have the best snow up north after this weekend, but I'd still like to extend the season a bit more - maybe do a weekend up at K or the loaf.

Oh wait, April 1 is this weekend isn't it? Damn...hmm, I'll have to rethink my schedule then!

Maybe I will come out for an hour or two tomorrow...I am obsessed. This is a problem :p

obession is the fruit of life!!! just made that one up-i like it!!!

if you can make it great if not the next time..

who is your friend from donek? i would like to connect to check out their boards as well as some tech questions as well as if he has any boards to demo before the season ends..

i was looking at my rt and started to look at the whole center of contact length for binding position on the board and donek as well as the EC site set the bindings off of the center line..the rt is 3cm set back-so my next time out i have it set up using the center as well as widening my stance.. abession...

i hope it would make the forward and back movement not as great as it is now keeping more of my mass centered which i am hoping that both legs work more together (again obession)..

you said the loaf was killer did you see erik at all? were the runs groomed? was there a lot of people?

Todd Brown is the best guy to talk to around here, good friend of mine (went to college with his wife). He has a good knowledge of Donek stuff, and if he doesn't know the answer, he can point you in a better direction. His name on the forum is ~tb, so send him a message...feel free to tell him I pointed you there :)

I did see Erik while I was at Sugarloaf; I took a lesson with him first thing Saturday morning. Best thing I ever did. We changed my whole set up, and I'm much happier now with how I feel on the board. I dont' hurt as much, and I can last a lot longer riding and nothing hurts! So happy, and he gave me some pointers that I ended up using which worked really well. Yesterday was a fantastic "something clicked finally" day for me. I'm so mad its the end of the season!

Oh, and I think he is sending me the same novel he gave you on binding set up, etc. Hehe. The weather was awesome up there, it was HOT!

Isn't it nice to have people that are equally obsessed around :eplus2:

Oh, more on the Loaf...

The runs were groomed because the groomers worked a double Friday night to clean up the whole mountain. The Champion's cross was there on Saturday which was really cool to watch. It didn't last long, but it was definitely cool. Those guys CRUISE. There were quite a few people there Saturday due to the event, but the hills weren't too crowded while it was going on. Yesterday was semi crowded in the morning, but around 11 it cleared out. By about 2, I had Boardwalk all to myself, and everything was nice and soft. Mmmmm.

Anyone going tonight or any other night this week? Tonight's conditions look like they'll be a mess based on the rain and temps. Did anyone go last night? Ed, I'm thinking I might wait and go either Wednesday or Thursday if conditions are going to be messy. At least Wed/Thur night temps are going to be freezing.

i did some rough calculations and at 91 posts, this thread is actually bigger than the wachusett mountain!

think the riding will be any good saturday?

I went from skidder to carver extraordinaire in this thread alone:lol: . If you decide to go, I'll probably see you there. Maybe they'll have the waterskiing event - I'll probably try one if there are any good prizes.

I decided to pass again tonight though - just seems a bit warm and I've been feeling ill. I might try to make it up tomorrow or Friday, and if I don't go north this weekend, I'll probably go both Sat and Sun morning to say farewell to wawa for the season. I saw a fishing boat going north yesterday - such a sad sight:( .

they sucked but i just got back 12.30 i went there this morning and it was great.

they groomed it and with the cold temps it is holding up great-if it wasn't for an on line training class i would still be there. and i think tomorrow will be as good as today. i have another conf call tomorrow in the morning and if i can get enough done this afternoon i think i will go up right after my call.

if your going tonight it should be very good for this time of year.

have fun