Note to New Members ×

wawa-ride

griff

hmm. hard to say. the conditions were ok yesterday. slushy in the early evening but hardened as the night went on. The coverage is still good though and still carvable. i think its going to depend on how much rain we get tomorrow. they also didn't groom last night before the PM session to conserve snow. don't know if they will keep this throughout the rest of the season. i'm hoping to get in one more night...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went out last night and met up with two other rides Angie and (forgive my aging memory for losing your name) but wawa was as good as it gets for spring condictions. As the night went on less people on the runs..

If you go on a weekend get there for first chair about 8am because you will have the place to yourself (for the most part) till 10.30 ish..after that it could and again not get crowded.

I plan on being there at 8 sat..even if it snows (yahoo!!!)

hope to get some runs in with you..

Ed

Guest scvr6

I might have to get up early for Saturday and meet you up there. I'll try not to kill you this time Ed:lol:. Had a good time riding with you and Angie, look forward to riding with you guy's soon.

Lee

i hate to think just how close that was-dam it would have been ugly.

we will have to keep an eye on that next time!!

if you can make it i will see you there if not next time..

i hope we get some good snow this weekend..

hey what size is your boots!! if they are close i would love to see what they feel like..i am a 9 to 9.5 27 or 27.5mp.

think snow!!!!!

Guest scvr6

I think they are a 27, I have to look. I guess we might get some good snow this weekend!!!!:eplus2: What time does the shop open? Might get a quick wax when I get there if I can beat the crowds.

I'm thinking of heading there for the morning on Saturday. I decided to ride a half day Saturday instead of taking the whole weekend off (addict), but I don't know if I want to drive 2+ hours (through the incoming snowstorm) to ride for like 4...so Wachusett seems a good medium. My pass isn't good for weekend mornings though, which is the drawback.

At any rate, I might be there :)

Up North is expected to get a foot+...looks like the season will go on!

PS - it was fun riding with you guys on Tuesday...gotta love slush!

i might head over saturday afternoon (mornings are out because of my seminar)... but not sure if i want to hit crowds. sunday i'll be going to Jiminy if we get a decent amount of snow.

would love to head up to NH for an overnighter sat to sunday to hit some of the snowfall.

Guest scvr6
I'm thinking of heading there for the morning on Saturday. I decided to ride a half day Saturday instead of taking the whole weekend off (addict), but I don't know if I want to drive 2+ hours (through the incoming snowstorm) to ride for like 4...so Wachusett seems a good medium. My pass isn't good for weekend mornings though, which is the drawback.

At any rate, I might be there :)

Up North is expected to get a foot+...looks like the season will go on!

PS - it was fun riding with you guys on Tuesday...gotta love slush!

Angie, if you have a Bronze pass you can use it since it's March. I used mine last week, no problems at all.:biggthump It also say's so on the back.

Lee

angie back at you i too had a great time riding with you and lee..

i will be there tomorrow am-bring on the pow!!!!!! my biggest decision is: do i ride the fatty or the SL? i think once your life boils down to if that as your biggest decision to make in life-than life is good!!!!!:D

hope to see you out there!!!!!!!!!!

Griff... It's kind of a tough call. The UPZs are 28s, and the Stratos Pros are 29s. The one thing I didn't like about the UPZ is that they're pretty tight in the foot (but I think i'm changing my mind on that) The Stratos are really comfortable boots with a thick tongue that helps prevent possible shin bang.

The only problem with the Stratos is that they're a bit too roomy, probably cause they['re probably one size too big for me. 28s in those would probably be my choice of boot. They also come with two tongues(the UPZs only came with one... stiff), a stiff and a softer one. I'm riding with the softer one right now, but I'm probably going to switch to the stiffer ones just to reduce my movement.

So in otherwords, if i had equally sized boots I could give you a more precise comparison..

One other person on this site said he had done a direct comparison between the boots (equal sizes) and found that the UPZs were tighter in the foot where the Heads were roomier. I agree with that.

Which I like better... right now the Heads even though they're a bit big. But I just started this season and haven't had very good runs in the UPZs. I may have a different preference after this weekend. :D

Just found out my Saturday seminar is cancelled tomorrow so i'll be able to make it for the morning!

Is there a place you guys usually meet... and color clothes to look for? I have an orange jacket/green pants that's pretty easy to pick out.

no dice on my getting to wawa tomorrow. I'm leaving the cah at work and taking the commuter rail home tonight to avoid the nasty traffic I hear there is going on in Boston. I dont' feel like a 4 hour drive from Framingham to Boston tonight...probably for the better. Wont' have to worry about my car being set aflame during the southie parade, and I was only goign to make it out for a couple hours in the morning anyway. I hate making myself make the right decision! :argue:

Have fun tomorrow guys, and save me some pow for next week!

Angie

Guest scvr6

I will be there in the morning first thing, Tan Jacket, Tan Pants, Black Stratos and the mighty 157 Factory Prime:eplus2: . Angie too bad you don't live closer to me you could of came up with me, sure I'll see you next week.

Lee

i'm gettin up before the sun to make it there for first run... crossing my fingers that i can get my car off my street!

On Wachusett homepage: "Tomorow Saturday March 17th, dont forget to show your Irish Pride. We will have live Irish Music, Traditional Irish food. Nastar contests and more! So come and have some fun!!

Also tomorrow- Green day! Come in wearing lots of green and get 1/2 off your ticket. Carpool with 4 or more and everyone will get 1/2 off their day ticket. Drive a hybrid and get the same deal! "

When I was there a few weeks ago, my firsts ride up the lift was with one of the ski patrols. He indicated that they'll often open lifts about 15-20 minutes earlier than 8am once the lift operators are settled. Not sure if that will hold true for tomorrow due to the weather, but I plan to be there very early to see if he was right.