Note to New Members ×

wawa-ride

griff

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes-i remember those days chasing them like that..

i was at wawa last night the conditions were great. last night was the second time i was hit by someone. its tough to lay down turns with so many kids flying down straight..so the early morning is the smartest way to go..tomorrow will be soft and wet i may bring my soft board it will be interesting condictions.

catch ya tomorrow..i got to try on a pair of the UTZ boots! what a difference from my 324's mine are like a well worn in pair of slippers compaired to utz even in the walk mode..so i hear what you said about being stiff..

catch you tomorrow..

ed

I got taken out on Wednesday night for the same reason. I made the mistake of heading to the Polar Express lift right as they started grooming Connifer, so everyone was coming down 10th mountain. That created quite a nasty bottleneck right under the lifts where people were avoiding mogels. Some kid took me out, we tumbled a good way down the hill, then he sits down beside me and asked if I was ok. I appreciated that...then he goes "wow, what kind of board is that", to which I respond: Its an alpine board. Then he says "its really long!"...I wanted so badly to say: "no sh*t kid, and you shouldn't be cutting that close to someone to find out that the board is longer than you expected!" I as really frustrated and then kind of gunshy for the rest of the night. I noticed this morning that he put a little gash in the tip of my board; now I wish I would have told him off! :angryfire

I"m headed to the 'Loaf this weekend, but hopefully I'll catch up with you guys some night next week. There were 4 or so other carvers there Wednesday for races, but none of them seemed to be active on Bomber.

Have a good weekend!

Angie

Sorry to hear about all the crowds - and the falls. Last Saturday was my first at the slopes by 8am, and what a difference it made. They were practically empty until around 10:30. Then it all went to hell. I'll be there Saturday at the same time, and will try to catch you on a night sometime.

Angie, the kid that took me out on Tuesday as well left his mark, I was pissed that both times it was me down and not the kid, next time I won't back off (just saying that cause still pissed about it).:AR15firin

Have fun at the loaf they are getting 18 inches-i have a daughter that teaches skiiing up there and is there now after classes to get the fresh stuff.

do you know of a guy named erik beckman? he is the alpine man there..

have fun with the fresh stuff...

hope to catch ya at wawa at some point.

I met him beifly last year at ECES when a friend took a lesson from him. I was planning to take one myself this weekend, but its a hefty price so I'm going to hold off since I got some good pointers at SES, which I wasn't expecting to go to. With any luck maybe I'll run into him!

I've seen some daily photos of the snow dump...tomorrow should be fun!

Oh and luckily, I made the kid who hit me fall too. There was no way I was going down alone on that one!!!!:eplus2:

Dan I see your selling a pair of buton boots-can you bring them tomorrow I would like to try them on..

Which ones? I have an old set of MGX and the Burton Earth. The MGX are past their prime and into the stage of parts, but the Earth shells are very good. The liner is too small for me - size 27. I've used a set of ski boot liners that are 27.5 and they fit very nicely. Let me know and I'll bring either or both.

hows the back??

the boots with the liners are tight so i put a pair of liners that i had and fit wise better but i think they are softer than my 324's (maybe) their pretty close..

I will pass, thanks for the try..let me know when your at wawa and i will bring them..i plan on being there tomorrow am for first chair.

hows the back??

the boots with the liners are tight so i put a pair of liners that i had and fit wise better but i think they are softer than my 324's (maybe) their pretty close..

I will pass, thanks for the try..let me know when your at wawa and i will bring them..i plan on being there tomorrow am for first chair.

I'm f&%$kin as sore as I've ever been - I feel like I have one giant charlie horse up to my mid-back. Its pretty bad - hopefully it'll mellon out by next weekend - but I know tomorrow is off for sure. I'm mounting my old bindings back on the Nitro for the next outing. Want to give my new board a run?

I'll grab the boots next time we're up at wawa - couple weeks if you're going north next weekend. Thanks for the pointers today - maybe on my softer board I'll be able to put some of them to use.

too bad-drugs, rest, ice you'll be back in no time!!

i just got back from wa and not too bad much different than yesterday not as warm when I left at 11 the snow was still sugar.. i was thinking it was going to be soft so i brought my softy and the alpine would have been much better.

yes i would love to try your new board we'll figure it out for when.

hey is your wife giving you s%#t or she has given up as mine has it took 30 years but all i get now is that look..

hope there is some good stuff on the tube..

later

Well I decided to take off today and get things checked out. Nothing major, but I've apparently brused/aggrevated all the nerves that exit your ass right where your spine and pelvis meet. Doc indicated it'd likely be 5-6 weeks before it feels normal. Luckily he said I'd only be really sore if I fell on it again, no worries about bones so I'll likely give it a couple weeks and get back to things.

Ed, I'll likely go to wawa after a 3 week stint at home so I'll swap you for the boots and board. Just hope you have better luck on it than I did.

I'm thinking I'll be out next weekend (17th) if anyone wants to give wawa a good morning run until around noon.

Ed, I'll bring the Heavy Metals board for you. I found the original specs on my old Nitro and its a free-ride carve board - soft - with a max weight of 165lbs so I'm not surprised its never thrown me like the Heavy Metals did. I'm going to try and find something similar as a replacement - not sure how long its going last. I might see if I can find a used Madd for next season with similar specs. The Madd 159 F2 Free Ride/Free Style looks good.

17th looks good for me i will keep you posted..i too want to pick up the madd in the 158 or is it 159? beware of its flex it comes in 3 choices and the stiff is very stiff from what i heard and the mid is plenty still even for advance riders.. i have been told be a few vew good riders that its the best eastern board there is..

short radius with edge hold on ice like no other..i have yet to try one so my comments are only hear say..i saw somewhere one for sale but can't remember where..

i was out last night and nobody was there i made more runs where i did not see a soul on the run than not...

heading to conway later today-i will bring my RT but bring skis as well since my kids and friends are only skiing it makes it easier..

glad to hear your on the mend..

your board "heavy metal" is that its model? or make? have you found any specs on it?

contact you when i get back..

17th looks good for me i will keep you posted..i too want to pick up the madd in the 158 or is it 159? beware of its flex it comes in 3 choices and the stiff is very stiff from what i heard and the mid is plenty still even for advance riders.. i have been told be a few vew good riders that its the best eastern board there is..

short radius with edge hold on ice like no other..i have yet to try one so my comments are only hear say..i saw somewhere one for sale but can't remember where..

i was out last night and nobody was there i made more runs where i did not see a soul on the run than not...

heading to conway later today-i will bring my RT but bring skis as well since my kids and friends are only skiing it makes it easier..

glad to hear your on the mend..

your board "heavy metal" is that its model? or make? have you found any specs on it?

contact you when i get back..

I can't find much on it, but the other board they made with a similar length has the following specs:

length 163

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 98pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=130 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 39pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1901" width=52><COL style="WIDTH: 59pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2852" width=78><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c1ccd9; BORDER-TOP: #c1ccd9; BORDER-LEFT: #c1ccd9; WIDTH: 39pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c1ccd9; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=52 height=17>edge</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c1ccd9; BORDER-TOP: #c1ccd9; BORDER-LEFT: #c1ccd9; WIDTH: 59pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c1ccd9; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=78 x:num>1430</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c1ccd9; BORDER-TOP: #c1ccd9; BORDER-LEFT: #c1ccd9; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c1ccd9; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>width</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c1ccd9; BORDER-TOP: #c1ccd9; BORDER-LEFT: #c1ccd9; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c1ccd9; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">260/205/260</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c1ccd9; BORDER-TOP: #c1ccd9; BORDER-LEFT: #c1ccd9; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c1ccd9; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>sidecut</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c1ccd9; BORDER-TOP: #c1ccd9; BORDER-LEFT: #c1ccd9; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c1ccd9; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>9.3</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c1ccd9; BORDER-TOP: #c1ccd9; BORDER-LEFT: #c1ccd9; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c1ccd9; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>stance</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c1ccd9; BORDER-TOP: #c1ccd9; BORDER-LEFT: #c1ccd9; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c1ccd9; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">38-49</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I can probably measure some of this to see how close it is. I saw someone comparing the Lizard stiffness to his Madd and he indicated they're pretty close. Someone also indicated that at 220lbs it was too much for the board.

just got home from wa wa....it was a little slushy, but not as bad as I expected. 70 degrees tomorrow could kill it, but its going to cool down towards the end of the week, which will hopefully help out and prolong the inevitable. The good thing is, the snow is so soft it holds carves very well. Too well :D