Note to New Members ×

MADD 170 - For Sale

Chubz

I still have it but on my last nerve waiting for this fella to reply. He keeps telling me he wants it but I get no responses when I tell him to send me the check.

Do you want it?

If so, and you can get me the $$$, it's yours

Greg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

howdy,

cuban carving gooding

remember me aaron from bigmtn. eat with you guys at the hellroaing.

do you think this board would be good for me. it's a little more than i would

like to spend but it's better than cost. i'm 5'5" 145lbs. seems a bit big for me.

but i think i can handle it. is it a stiff board? i like a stiff board but the lenght

is longer than i like.

the shred infiltrator seems like the board i should be on.

anyways, what do you think? at 330 shipped seems ok.

west carven

howdy,

cuban carving gooding

remember me aaron from bigmtn. eat with you guys at the hellroaing.

do you think this board would be good for me. it's a little more than i would

like to spend but it's better than cost. i'm 5'5" 145lbs. seems a bit big for me.

but i think i can handle it. is it a stiff board? i like a stiff board but the lenght

is longer than i like.

the shred infiltrator seems like the board i should be on.

anyways, what do you think? at 330 shipped seems ok.

west carven

I'm 5'8" 145 lbs and the earlier Madd 170 (or the f2 flex later models) are not super stiff. Trust me, with the right board, 170 cm isn't a problem at all (actually I'm riding a Prior WCR-M 178 that is easier to handle than my old Oxygen Proton 164). I have a later model Madd 170 than this one and will probably put it up for sale (after Chubz sells his so as not to compete with him).

Now I'm super confused?!?!?!?!?!

West are you interested in my board or are you waiting for Lone's board? I think lone's point was to let you realize that the board I have for sale would be a good fit for you, not to sell you his board.

Just let me know what you want to do. It's a great board, in good shape, you can be lazy on it as well as lay into some mean turns. The only reason I am selling is because under my wife's conditions, I must sell equipment to get other equipment. I picked up another board mid season under the conditions I had to sell two others to get the one I wanted. I sold my Coiler PR and now the MADD is on the block for someone else to enjoy, because it isnt in my ride rotation.

Help a carvers addiction to equipment.

Later

Greg

I'm in the same position as chubz. Gotta sell a board to get a new board. same board too. madd 170 F3. rode it yesterday with nicole prefontaine and her husband AJ (google it) and had a great time but there's a board I pine for....not a threadjack, just up for grabs when greg sells his

"Too Flexy for me" means that when a did have this board in my ride rotation, I went 215 lbs. It rode well and held up to everything I threw at it. Maybe "too flexy" wasnt the right choice of words.

I needed to sell equipment to rid myself of board debt to my wife. Hate to do it, but the MADD is the second board I am selling to cover the Blitz purchase. When cash flows my way again, I intend on adding a MADD 158, 170 and 180, back to my quiver but for now my 170 has dropped to the bottom of my quiver index and its gotta go to hush my wife.

I tend to like stiffer boards and ride like a middle linebacker. I now ride a POGO Blitz and Overdose and throw in a little taste of Riot Velocity once in a while. I now go 200 lbs and would probably love the MADD even more, but my indulgence is in POGO's.

If your a free safety or corner looking for a board that can help you to the next level, is forgiving but let you feel like a world champ, this is the board.

Email JBS if you want another opinion on the board. His first day on it, he won a gold medal at MAC Tracks 2006. He even said he wouldnt be upset if I didnt seel it, so he could get a couple days on it.

I cant get over I need to do this much explaining to sell a MADD :confused:

This thing is a machine, just not one of my machines for now so someone might as well get some use out of it.

Greg

PS if this thing didnt fold under me, it shouldnt fold unless your one Ronnie Lott type of rider and you dive it into a slush pocket during the spring and I highly doubt it would fold even undert those condition under your 145 lbs. If I gotta explain the football analogies........ :barf:

Yea, this board did well on most everything I rode on it and being here in PA, conditions change day to day and even thru the day. This was one of the first boards to give me confidence on very rigid snow/icy conditions and on steeps and then it would work well in slop too.

I will be coming back to MADD's, just funds are limited from other purchases and my board building endeavor.

I cant believe it hasnt sold yet. SOmeone help me out, the wife is chewing on my ear and not in a ;) ;) way.

I cant believe it hasnt sold yet. SOmeone help me out, the wife is chewing on my ear and not in a ;) ;) way.

It's the off season, that's how it is. Maybe you'll have more luck in the Autumn. It's what I doing for the board I have to sell.

Is this a good board for a beginner? According to the carver's almanac, it is, but it seems a little long for me. If it would be possible, chubz, please post a picture of the base and close ups of any scratches on the base. Thanks.

so chubz is an f2 flex?

and willywhit whats the condition of your madd 170 f3 flex?

i really want a stiff board. will you price it like chubz?

today i road a burton development board the black one

with copper writing and orange side walls. i think from 1996,

it was a team board, dont know the specs but its about

168 and 18wide. had a hoot on it. its really thick and stiff.

turns really easy, if anybody know the specs, please post.

west carven

Tex- I am about 5-10 and 135, and a beginner carver, not snowboarder. The only other alpine board I have ridden is a Donek Pilot 152 w/ a little boot over hang (rental from the bomber people). I really liked it and this board seems like a big step up from a 152. Also, I usually ride narrow trails and would prefer a small radius, but I have heard this board is turney, even though it has a big radius. The radius shouldn't be a problem once I am (hopefully soon) laying down some deep turns. :biggthump

you could probably ride the madd, but it may be a bit stiff for you. I ride the same board and I'm 6' 220lbs.... Chubz is a bigger guy as well (from what he says). The guys at madd say 90% of riders ride the f2 flex, so go for it. You aren't really risking much as these hold their value pretty well.

Tex- I am about 5-10 and 135, and a beginner carver, not snowboarder. The only other alpine board I have ridden is a Donek Pilot 152 w/ a little boot over hang (rental from the bomber people). I really liked it and this board seems like a big step up from a 152. Also, I usually ride narrow trails and would prefer a small radius, but I have heard this board is turney, even though it has a bug radius. The radius shouldn't be a problem once I am (hopefully soon) laying down some deep turns. :biggthump
Yea, I would go with a F2 flex. I am 5'9" 145 lbs and my Madd 170 equivalent to a F2 flex with a 10.5m sidecut and it is great in narrow slopes.

I think Chubz has an F2 (?) as well so it will be good for you, it is very turny (for big slopes I ride a 12.7m Prior WCR-M 178). It's a good board for you OR West Carvin... so stop twiddling your fingers and buy the board! :biggthump

Seriously... 170 is not that long for either of you (5'10 or 5'5').

so chubz is an f2 flex?

and willywhit whats the condition of your madd 170 f3 flex?

i really want a stiff board. will you price it like chubz?

today i road a burton development board the black one

with copper writing and orange side walls. i think from 1996,

it was a team board, dont know the specs but its about

168 and 18wide. had a hoot on it. its really thick and stiff.

turns really easy, if anybody know the specs, please post.

west carven

great condition, same pricing

I want a BX over a skinny Madd

Guys...stop pu$$y footin' around and buy these boards already.

If I didn't have the Coiler PR173 the OP's board would already be in my possession at this price.

The Madd 170 I rode has been my favorite ride so far. Maybe even more than the Coiler, but now that I have the PR I can't justify the Madd.

Buy it you WILL NOT regret it!