Note to New Members ×

Great gesture

Phil

You can have all of the newest grooming equipment possible, but without a good groomer, it means nothing.

I get people coming back from all kinds of ski trips only to tell me that the conditions were not as good as they expected.

In the mid atlantic, and more specifically, at Ski Roundtop, the grooming is outstanding. What we lack in vertical, we make up for in conditions. I rarely experience poor snow. Every morning one of the first people I talk to is our groomer "Big Daddy". He is sure to stop into our Learning Center and let us know what is groomed really well and also ask how things have been groomed the day before. He takes great pride in what he does - as he should. His cord is exquisite almost every day.

Friday we had MAC Tracks. Mark Brown decided to bring a case of beer for Big Daddy. Unfortunately, I dropped the ball on getting him to come meet everyone (Mark was setting gates anyway). This morning, I was sure to meet up with him and present him this gesture from the MAC Tracks '07 crew.

Be good to your groomers - they are good to you.:biggthump

edit: Big Daddy is the one with the beard.:)

post-175-141842229109_thumb.jpg

post-175-141842229112_thumb.jpg

Nothing "simple" about laying down GOOD cord at a place where 100% of the snow is man made - especially as seamless as he makes it.

The case was for the good cord - it is good EVERY day - not just at MAC Tracks.

In case you can't tell, Big Daddy is this carver's hero.

D-Sub - 5'18"

Nothing "simple" about laying down GOOD cord at a place where 100% of the snow is man made - especially as seamless as he makes it.

The case was for the good cord - it is good EVERY day - not just at MAC Tracks.

In case you can't tell, Big Daddy is this carver's hero.

D-Sub - 5'18"

Oh don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to infer that laying cord is simple by any means. I was hoping the quotes would help but I suppose not.

My point was that it seems some days that our local hill just drags the Cat around with no plan.

Oh don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to infer that laying cord is simple by any means. I was hoping the quotes would help but I suppose not.

That is what I figured, but I forwarded this thread to Big Daddy, so I wanted to clear that up.

D-Sub - He is pretty average sized, but I had my UPZ's on, so I was probably pushing 6'9"...?