Note to New Members ×

is it the technique or the kind of board used

Guest sandarapark

Guest sandarapark

just wondering

whe u guys are in a carve...do you have more weight on the front foot, more weight in the back foot or eqaul weigth destribution on both feet? or does it differ for diffrent find of boards?

It depends on the turn, where you are in the turn, and the how much depends on the board, and the technique being used. A short SL sized board will use less movement over the board fore and aft, than say a larger freecarve board being turned aggressively. YMMV, of course.....and skill level and snow conditions play into it also.

I generally shift my weight front to back through the turn....initiating the turn weight forward, finishing weight back...don't know if that's proper technique but it works for me...

That's text book carving...

Initiate the turn with a forward weight shift and gradually shift rearward during the turn... Called "feeding the dollar bill"

That's how it's supposed to be done....

Also how much you shift depends on the deck you ride, you're stance and where you're bindings are relative to your insert pack.. (Setback)....

It's a case of setting up and tweaking until you get it right...

I’m not sure people can say what you do is Wrong as long as you get the type of carve you are looking for. I call it playing in the sweet spot. Kinda moving from front to back during the carve. Sometimes if you get too far back it’s not easy to get back in the sweet spot but it can be fun. It’s a good thing to explore the full area of the sweet spot on all of your boards, and know how they react from one spot to the other with different pressures.

I know my Coiler has a huge sweet spot dead center and does not react much to weight on the tail.

Conversely my Rossi WC 184 rockets you when you get on the tail or the rear of the sweet spot. I call it the Gas Pedal

I think if you able to find your way around in the sweet spot, understanding how the board reacts you are really getting the hang of the sport.