Note to New Members ×

What about Whiteface ?

Surf Quebec

my friend lives down the street from there. Its commonly know as iceface and for good reason. When they say "thin cover" its actually no cover, just a sheet of ice and rocks. Similar to Cannon mtn out here.

I've never been there but be sure your board is sharp enough to split hair.

Iceface is exactly right. Just for a fair bit of warning, I have a completely metal elbow internally due to their "thin cover" and 2X6 fences surrounding the trails. Good thing that fence slowed me down or else I would have flown much farther off the cliff through the other side of the fence. I have many friends who have also had injuries here. Be careful, its cursed! :eplus2:

Surf Quebec,

I was at Whiteface on Friday (2/2/07). The conditions were outstanding. Almost every trail was open and pretty soft snow. That night the temps dropped and the wind started blowing hard. The next day the top of the mountain got severely wind blown making the trails as hard as a rock. Visibility was also cut down. The lower half of the mountain wasn't bad but still harder snow compared to the day before. Whiteface is generally a good carving mountain. Trails are wide and grooming is good. It can get hard snow due to wind though, hence the name ice-face. The five times I've been there the conditions were good to excellent. Maybe I got lucky and hit it on good days but I like it. One thing is for sure, if you would like to see one of the BEST carvers you'll ever see go to Whiteface. Rich Garfield who rides a Rossignal will be RIPPING HUGE turns down Little White Face under the side by side double chairs. Maybe if you are lucky you can catch a glimpse of him as he reaches mach 5 speeds and catching 50 feet of air between carves.

Have fun at Whiteface.