Note to New Members ×

Riding pics - 1/25/07

Jack M

awesome shots :biggthump

a quick question if i may.

i noticed in some of those shots the riders' shoulders were more squared up with the nose of the board, and in others they're more aligned with the angles of the bindings.

i realized that movements are fluid, dynamic, and constantly adjusting as needed, but generally where does one face?

i know EC says to face the binding angles, but i don't want to extreme carve (at least not in that sense). i want to ride more of what they call "bomber" style. Where does one face for that?

The "Norm Part I" says to be aligned with binding angles, and the norm II says to be squared up with the nose, both hips and shoulders.

So, where to face? thanks in advance.

Thanks kipstar - I was a little rusty, day one of my season, and on a precision 158 no less.

Bullwings - Basically as long as you are somewhere between your binding angles and the nose of the board (inclusive) you are fine. The Norm articles are designed to get newbies out of the mentality of sliding sideways, facing their toe edge and looking straight down the fall-line. I found in my years of instructing that in order to get a newbie to hit the target, I had to tell them to aim past the target. Telling them to face their binding angles was not enough, most of the time. They would think they were doing it, but weren't even close.

cool, thanks for the tech info.

i've been trying to keep both of my hands out in front of me where i can see them. it helps me keep my shoulders and hips lined up with my binding angles/nose or somewhere in between, or so i think.

keeping your hands where you can see them is a good thing to do.