Note to New Members ×

Kelowna carving - Big White, Apex, Silver Star

skategoat

Hey all, I'm headed to Kelowna, BC later this week to meet a couple of carving buddies. Anyone in the area want to join us? We'll probably do Friday at Big White, Saturday at Apex and Sunday at either Silver Star or Big White again.

Also, if anyone has ridden these mountains and can offer some advice on the best runs, please share.

Thanks,

Henry

Was in Big White over Xmas when the crowds were diabolical and the weather about the same. I liked the groomers off Ridge Rocket, and there was some fun to be had off Powder Chair as well (or maybe I just liked it because there were no crowds there). Gem was shut the entire time but apparently when that's in good shape it's awesome.

There's a green run called Ser'wa (can't remember what chair it's off) but if the field is empty and you want a brilliant rollercoaster ride, surf on down that at speed - that's big fun.

If you go to Apex, anything off the triple chair is groomed, and there are a few good steep groomed runs of the quad. I will be there on saturday. I will be the patroller on plates, there are two of us, I will be the big tall one. Say hi if you see me. The nice thing about apex, is there is now crowds.

Don't pass up Silver Star.... if they had snow recently! Almost all of the front side is Groomed! for death speed runs head to the back side, and they winch groom blacks,,, Try Diablo! and may god be with you!

Big White.....Sunrise run! nice and wide and stuff off the Black forest Chair is fun!

Have Great runs! drink cheap bier!:(