Note to New Members ×

Carving in Walk Mode

jnshapiro

I wish the pictures were done!

I had a carving lesson today at Kirkwood. Ian Kent helped me out a LOT. He was riding a PureCarve board. Really railing it. It was fun to watch him ride.

Anyway, by the end of the lesson I was finally able to really lay it out and was carving. One of those ski resort photographers was there and he got a bunch of pictures. Once they're posted I'll get 'em linked over.

When I got back to my car, I noticed that I was riding in walk mode on my Head boots. Carving was a lot easier in walk mode than not. Anyone else notice this or maybe it was me and the conditions today (soft and warm).

Can't believe I posted that..

I usually start any day with both Scarpa Lasers (AT boot) in walk mode. If conditions are good, I'll soon lock em both down, but if less than ideal, I will leave rear unocked so I can more easily tuck rear knee forward.

Sounds painful, I know, but for me it seems to work.

Powder to the People!!

Been riding with both boots unlocked for 4 years now, on 224s. Switching to BTS/yellow if I ever get out.... here in the North east

Same. Powder mode for me for the past several seasons on my 224s. BTS upgrade w/yellow springs - Feels much better. A lot more even flex and recovery throughout the range/travel. You'll like 'em!! :biggthump