Note to New Members ×

AF "inside" cuff cants

Michelle

Hi there

For all of you who are looking for the inside cuff cant part of the AF boots, the riveted part that holds the boot together, we are trying to get them from Deeluxe. As soon as we have them, I will post it on the web site as a part you can purchase. Until then, we don't have any! I've been trying for a couple of years to get them, with no luck. Still working on it..... Sorry!

Would anyone like to see pix of my homemade solution? It's held up quite nicely.

me me me

i really like seeing all the DIY stuff that everyone here does to their gear.

i wouldn't trust anything i did myself. all i'd be doing is setting myself up for a stephen hawkings mobile.

The washer is 1 1/8" outer diameter, 3/8" inner diameter. Hard size to find... I had one aluminum washer of that size lying around, the only thing I could find around town to buy were nylon, it seems to be working fine so far.

The washer must be filed or dremeled to fit into recessed area on the boot.

The "installed" shot shows the aluminum washer, T-nut and bolt is the same.

I used blue threadlock. The aluminum one has been in service for 21 riding days, the nylon one 5. (Both of mine broke this season)

If anyone knows where to get 1 1/8" outer, 3/8" inner washers in metal of any kind (as long as it's fileable), I'd like to buy some.

Credit where credit is due: Thanks to Bordy and Dave* for the tips.

post-48-141842223748_thumb.jpg

post-48-141842223749_thumb.jpg