Note to New Members ×

Raichle / Deeluxe boot spoilers

Joe D

I noticed on the Bomber store that the new Track 225's & 325's don't appear to have the little grey piece that sits at inside of the very upper rear cuff.

Which got me thinking... do I really need that little piece, b/c it seems to just take up space at the back of your calf. It unsnaps from a little slot. The xtra ~ 1/2 cm , in height can't do anything for your leverage. Is it just a way to adjust for different upper calf volumes, or is there something else I'm missing?

How many Raichle / Deeluxe riders have removed it? Good or bad?

post-1320-141842223723_thumb.jpg

I didnt think the SB series (which the new boots are based on) had those back pieces.

I had suzukas, which had them, and I tried both in and out but I couldnt tell the diff. Id be really surprised if something so small made much of a difference.

man...if deeluxe releases an "AF" series with buckles...shhhheeeiiit.

I once lost the piece (fell out when taking the inner out for drying and got lost at the hostel).

I think it feels awfull on the Suzukas/AF600. This was on the back foot. Your mileage might vary depending front or back foot and asymetric vs symetric shell.