Note to New Members ×

Tremblant/Montreal area snow report, please.

Tommy D

The last report i had concerning Tremblant was last thursday. Conditions were only ok, pretty icy but we got some snow yesterday and expecting some tomorrow (Jan 1st) so it should be better.

The only problem: crowd, crowd crowd !!!!! Go look on Tremblant's wecams (www.tremblant.com) and you'll notice the huge line-ups. So much people on the slopes that is makes them super icy.

One of my colleagues is also instructor over there and she told me it is difficult to enjoy because of the crowds...

I don't know what would be the best pick... Maybe Mont-Blanc to avoid the crowds ?

Little update for those of you who didn't get the chance to go up North...

Difficile pour moi de dire quelles étaient les conditions sur les pistes. Je n'avais pas ma planche mais je suis allé me promener dans le bas des pistes à St-Donat... voici donc:

La Réserve: Probablement un gros 3 pistes ouvertes.... ca semblait granuleux, mais tout de même sur fond mou. Consolation: même pas 50 chars dans le stationnement......pas un chat dans les chaises !

Garceau: Plus occupé, mais encore là, les gens ne se garochaient pas aux portes. Honnêtement, bcp de brindilles sur la majorité des pistes...

Tough luck, y'annonce encore de la pluie dans les prochains jours !!!!

Un peu plus et la saison est terminée avant même de réellement commencer. :AR15firin

Quelqu'un a un update de St-Sau, Tremblant, Mont Blanc ? Je ronge mon frein juste à penser que j'ai pas encore enfilé mes bottes....

Je reviens de St-sauveur ce soir et c'est assez terrible. Habituellement je trouve toujours 1-2 bonnes lignes dans certaines pistes mais ce soir .. Rien Nada... De la belle glace ou des bosses molles en gros sel.

Et ça va empirer dans les prochaines journées. Je me demande si bromont va ouvrir ce weekend pour faire de la descente en Moutain bike.

On devrait s'acheter un condo dans l'ouest à la gang ! ;)

Thanks for the info, folks!

The crowds weren't too bad; the big crowd week was over by the time I got there.

Tuesday was ICY. Temps rose on Wed and Thursday and the snow/ice softened up. The skiing was actually rather nice on Thursday, but springlike in the afternoon.

All the good stuff was on the trail-edge, with boilerplate in the middle on many trails.

Alas, I didn't pull out my freecarve, but I did see a few folks there: A couple on Priors, one guy on a Volkl RennTiger (Part of the race team??) and a few other random sightings.