Note to New Members ×

The Only Michigan Carver?

Guest Taiga

I've never been to marquette mountain. Heard it was pretty good. I went to school at Michigan Tech and regularly went to Mt. Bohemia. I just started carving though and it's gonna be pretty regular at Crystal Mtn. and maybe once or twice at Cabrefae Peaks. If you're anywhere around the cadillac/thompsonville/traverse city/wherever else, area, lemme know. i'll be there prettymuch every weekend after the new years weekend.

Well it's good to see there are a few of us. I live about 5 minutes from Timber Ridge.....they had a good opener...one of the best in years and then the big thaw, so I have only been out 3 times. Bummer since I have a week planned at Vail mid January and a week at Big Sky in Feb and the legs are still mush! If you ride Timber ridge, Crystal Mountain, or Schuss Mountain, look for me on the slopes riding a red or blue Donek (Axis and FCII). And.........MAKE IT SNOW!!

Bored (not Board) in Kalamazoo!

Sinecure:

That dates you. I went to U of M before God created snowboards as well! We would ski "Mount" Brighton back then. Go geezer carvers!......51 and counting!

Have fun on newyears day.

Fellow geezer

Taiga,

I grew about 10 Min. form Nubs Nob in Harbor Springs. There should be a few guys still riding plates in the area, I know of one for sure. Just keep riding and you will bump in to someone sooner or later.

NMU and Indainheaders

I will be heading up that way the first weekend in Feb. if you want to make some turns. NMU, if it doesn't work I am sure I will be in MQT at some point. I lived there for about 5 years and make it up at least once or twice a winter. Tell that other carver (assuming it's Magno) that Tim said Hi.

-Tim

• 3 weeks later...

I know where some of these places are, like marquette... But where are these towns you're from and where is your ski-hill?

I grew up in Manistee. A town on the water about 45 min north of ludington. Now I'm livin in Cadillac, about an hour straight west of Manistee. My hill is Crystal Mtn in Thompsonville. Just a little south of Traverse City... Also planning on hitting up Cabrefae Peaks, which is just east of Cadillac.