Note to New Members ×

Intuition hell

Dr D

anyone else have trouble with the intuitions fitting like a glove at home walking around with no problems etc. then putting them on at the hill and they feel 2 sizes smaller and hurt like hell by the time you get to the top of the chair?

I am pulling my hair out here. I am about to mold them again with really thick socks and then wear thin ones on the hill. Its gotta be a temperature thing. kind of hard to drive in them though.:freak3:

I am going to wear just the liners in the am tomorrow and then run the heater onthe shells before I put them on and see how it goes.

IT doesn't take long obviously since I molded these about 3 weeks ago. I hate to mold them more than necessary. Someone said if you can tough it out for three days they will be great but this time around I couldn't make it to the top of the chair without dying. thin socks and try again tomorrow. so far this year my softies have won the day.

I had thesame problem with thermoflex liners- a littlte too tight at first and now okay but somewhat too loose due to packing out. I was thinking about getting an intution liner later on down the road but wil reconsider due to the cost-210.00. I will have to talk to my boot fitter again before I decide to do this. He says the intution liner will hold up better than the thermoflex because it is better quality and not so thin. I looked at the liner and thought it would be better than the themoflex. Did you mold these yourself or have a shop do it? I tried to remold my thermoflex myself and it didn't seem to change it much at all. I think maybe because I don't have the special oven and once it is packed out you can't change it much by remolding because the material is compressed and stretched.

maybe you need to heat them a little more and possibly let them cool more while you wear when molding them

I'd say not to tighten them more than you did the first time because this can cause the liner to be compressed and thin, you want to avoid this because when that happens the shell digs into you instead of the liner and it can shorten the life of the liner as well

if the pain was in isolated areas you can tape some foam to your foot in that area to add some volume while molding, you can also beat the liner in troubled spots as well use a clamp to compress it or spot heat it and clamp it

many options here and allot depends on how well your foot fits your shells

lots of better liners out there than Tflex/intuition but not much as versitile that you can do work on easily at home and not destroy your liner

good luck!

I use one of those large shopping freezer bags (Sam's Club :nono: ) to keep my boots warm. I put the boots in the bag facing each other with a hot corn bag wrapped in a towel between them. The corn bags (like a heat pack) are available in health stores. Just microwave it for a few minutes and it will stay warm for hours (wrapped in a towel).

This works well when I board for a couple of hours then switch to ski boots which have been sitting in a cold car.

BobD

I remolded them with extra thick socks on and wore them for 2 hours. I then wore normal socks on the hill. no pain so far. I also added a toe cup for extra toe room it seemed to work well. I really wrapped them around the foot this time to. I think I got better overlap in the tongue area. feels good:biggthump

I had my Intuitions done by a dealer with Intuition-labeled neoprene toecaps and black nylons over my thick riding socks. Sat until they cooled off (~ 30 min) - felt great when done. (the process was painful, tho)

A few days later put them on, both had shrunk. The left shrunk by a full size (27.5 down to 26.5) the right by 0.5 cm. The foam feels stiff, like it has no 'give' at all.

I could tell the left was unridable, so I put a shoe stretcher in there, with just enough tension to lightly push the toe away from the heel. I'll see how it does. I don't want to re-mold them yet.

Pissed me off tho, because I did everything possible to ensure a good fitting.

I think the foam, although dense, is pretty temp sensitive. And whatever adhesive holds the nylon cover / liner to the foam itself prolly had no stretch either.