Note to New Members ×

did your tanker come with a really bad tune?

bobdea

I have been on my tanker twice so far and have noticed it was not very grippy on ice

so today I was waxing it and was feeling the edges, it turns out the thing was detuned WAY too much, like about 8 inches on both the nose and the tail!

was this just my board or does rad air usually do this?

I'm gonna sharpen it now to make it right but that's gotta be one of the worst factory tunes I've ever seen

Guest sandarapark

not to take over this thread or anything, but since it has omething to do with detuning...i was wondering, WHERE does one start/end detuning the edge?

i mean, which part of the edge is the detuning going to take place?...visual images would be very helpful...thanks

Detune from the tip aprox. two inches back along the edge from the point it makes contact with the snow. the same from the tail. This will keep the board from feelling jerky during the initiation of the turn and allow the board to finish the turn with less chance of hanging up in the turn. If your riding alpine and not freestyle you may want to apply more base edge bevel to the same areas instead of detuning. the advantage is that you retain the use of all of your edge for grip during the turn while still smoothing out the boards transition on and off the turn.

Also realize that the amount off detune can vary from none to 8 or more inches! It all depends on riders prefrence.

it rides incredible now but I blew up the nose, gonna epoxy it but it looks like the type of delam that likes to travel

the board is soooooo sick though, can really lay into it for such a small board

FYI, I tend to ride with no detune unless it's a really big board even then I only detune on days where I feel like I have too much grip