Note to New Members ×

Surfing.

Fleaman

hey!

me caught the same bug too. unfortunately there is no waveriding in switzerland at all. exept some standing waves in rivers...

this was the main reason i bought a carveboard :biggthump ..i know, i mentioned it here...:rolleyes:

the surf at longbeach vancouver island i get when i was there was great and good locals around too:biggthump

I surfed this summer for the first time in Virginia Beach. I'm in montreal so finding waves is impossible. But I loved it. For 10 days I surfed twice a day until I could barely walk back to the shore. My mind wanted to do more but my body couldn't.

You went to hawaii? We are considering to go next year. How was it? Is the crowd factor crazy like everyone says ?

Thanks

I loved it. I went to the north Island, Kuaii *SP* anyways, it was great, the roads were congested, but I am never in a hurry anyways and didnt mind. other than that, there was lots of room at the beaches and sights. Tons of trails for the adventurous. Next time I will definitely pack my hikers and a camelback.

• 3 weeks later...

This may sound insane...but on windy days in the city our local beaches get small swells worth checking out.

West Vancouver's Ambleside Beach and Dunderave Beach are worth checking out for sure. I've also heard of some secret spots out near Lighthouse park as well.

With all our recent storms keep your eye on the weather patterns!

I live in Penticton though, Van is too far to drive for a day of surfing.

I have seen guys in Peachland surfing at Antler Beach on Okanagan Lake.

But I can't justify a longboard and drysuit for a handfull of surf days a year.

OH well.