Note to New Members ×

MN board manufacturer

Strider

Hey guys,

Last year I was sent an e-mail about a focus group for a guy in MN who was going to start building alpine decks. I wasn't able to make the group, but I remeber looking at his website and thinking that the freeride decks looked good and I was interested to find out if anything happened with the alpine decks. I can't for the life of me remeber the name of the boards though. Anyone go to the focus group?

one or two seasons ago, the guys at november had their tent at buck. we, the bob d and myself, talked to the guy about alpine boards. the guy said there was some interest in making a board. he thought that they had the tooling to make one but they didn't know what was important in terms of geometry, flex, etc. i think bob d. offered them a board in order to reverse engineer.

bob d, sent them an email distribution list. i don't remember if there was any follow up.

When I saw Jeff from November Snowboards at the State fair this last summer,

I asked him about an alpine board line, mentioned to him that there is

still some interest.. even volunteered myself if he needed a test pilot. :)

From my perspective, he sounded both a bit positive, and a little tentative.

It sounds to me like Jeff has a strong grasp on freestyle board production,

has been looking into the alpine production process for a while now, and that

he may have found it 'a bit more involved' to make a solid Alpine Race board.

(Not sure if the process would include a metal layer or not.)

As I recall, he also hinted that if a first model were to be made, it

would most likely be more of a freeride/freecarve oriented board.

~Karl

Yeah, I e-mailed him and got a nice response. He said it is still a possibility, but I also got the feeling that he is trying to figure it out a little more. On the plus side, I asked him if that Whistler will take plates and he said he rides it with Cateks and his friend rides it with Bombers and they love it. I think I'll demo one this year. I've been looking for a good "freeride" board for plates that still lets me ride switch and play in the park whe nI want to.

I demo-ed a November board a couple years ago. Rode it with my "clicker" setup, and thought it was a great ride. Very light, snappy, and held an edge well across the crud.

If I had any extra funds for freestyle gear, I'd pick one of those.

That all-wood top sheet is totally hawt.

~K

I also spoke with the November guys at the state fair and he seemed interested in doing some sort of freecarve/ freeride board incarnation. It would be great to get together and find out what our ideas are in terms of specs and charcteristics and what his build limitations are. It would also be great if it would get cold and or snow like now! :(

Defintely, on both accounts. I've been e-mailing him about demoiing the Whistler, but it would be really cool to get him to develop a slightly more carve oriented board that still had the turned up tail for goofing around and switch riding. Maybe I should e-mail him that there is a group of us still interested and willing to help. Maybe we could even get him to show up at this years MWES? Let me know what you guys think and I'll send him an e-mail if it sounds like something people would be interested in....

And like karl said...those topsheets are "Hawt!"

C'mon guys...that conversation has been going on for 3-4 years. You're better off going over to Rothmans and vacuum packing your own board or lying a refrigerator on top of it.....

Is the infamous "Dickhead" board still up in RaceCity?

But seriously....I hope you guys bought all the F2 boards over at the House b/c that's $500 cheaper than anything that could be made from November (w/o a loss) and rides 10x better.