Note to New Members ×

old snowboards or someone who knows

Dr D

hey I finally got my hands on an old M6 like my first board and its in great shape with the exception of the topsheet. the topsheet has these little cracks in it like spiderwebby looking. they don't go clear thru the topsheet but I was curious if anyone has seen this and knows the cause and or steps necessary to prevent it from getting worse. It seems to be cosmetic but what do I know?:smashfrea sun damage maybe ????

I hope to ride it enough to get a feel for it again. I was able to do things with that board and a pair of raichle rear entry ski boots that I can't do on the new equipment.

I rode it in the moguls alot as a kid and a lot of back country deep and steep etc.

looking at it a few things come to mind its short and really wide at the tip. I think it was one of the first all mountain specific alpine boards. any how I was going to pick john's brain over at Garage and see if I can comission a modern updated board that has similiar characteristics on the mountain and isn't quite so retro looking.

then it will go on the wall

I was able to do things with that board and a pair of raichle rear entry ski boots that I can't do on the new equipment.

Could you elaborate? I have not heard anyone say that they could do stuff on old gear that they cannot do on new. That is interesting.

I did a lot more off piste riding with it. my boots were way stiffer but the bindings were more flexy I guess. the wide shovel nose on it would take any conditions. I did a lot of moguls with it and was maneuverable in the trees in the deep and steep. I find the new stuff to be unwieldy in the trees and find that I prefer the softies off piste. I hope to find a hard boot replacement for the M6 something short and wide with similiar geometry.

I did a lot more off piste riding with it. my boots were way stiffer but the bindings were more flexy I guess. the wide shovel nose on it would take any conditions. I did a lot of moguls with it and was maneuverable in the trees in the deep and steep. I find the new stuff to be unwieldy in the trees and find that I prefer the softies off piste. I hope to find a hard boot replacement for the M6 something short and wide with similiar geometry.

Why not one of its direct descendants?

M (?-1994)

Amp (1995-1996)

E Deck (1997-1998)

Wire (1999)

Amps and E-Decks regularely go for 100$ or less here or on eBay.

There's even an 1996 Amp 6 at a shop near my workplace for 100$CDN.