Note to New Members ×

from a Alp to ?

thump

i need to expand the quiver,my alp64 is fun on my small crowded pocono PA hill (shawnee)but on any thing more open i wish for some thing i can get drawn out in my carve more and really lay it out.been eying up a factory prime 73?any suggestions on a stick that will handle the bigger hills and higher speeds but can still be fun on really mellow blue runs.i'm 190lbs.and pretty agressive til the legs give out.any ideas?

Madd!

158 or 170 in the f3 flex

forget a FP if you can afford a Madd

a small Prior WCR or a one of a few flavors of doneks would work for you too.

Coilers, are my favorite if you can find one with either world cup or superboard dampening.

thanks for the response guys.i should have mentioned i was eying the fp since i can't drop the $$ for the donek freecarve i've been dreaming of or the other high end rides. what do you guys think of the 13m sidecut on the fp,too big for my riding?hows the f2 treat you phil,pretty big sidecut radius on that too,right?

at 190 I'd be flabbergasted if you could not power a FP 173 with ease once you got used to it

I'd go with the FP 178 if I were you, they are not hard boards to control, the speedsters are "racier"® the FPs make good freecarvers where the speedsters are a little more serious boards but still not too hard to ride in the smaller sizes ..... or the bigger ones either for that matter if you have the room

Every board has an ideal weight range. Those LBS are far outside the board manufacturers ideal recommended weight ranges. The flex pattern, stiffness etc. are designed for a particular range and those weights are outside of it. When you exceed the limits the board is not riding anywhere near the manufacturers design.

Kinda like a shriners parade with a huge guy driving a tiny miniature car. They get to ride in the parade but they dont handle very well.

I can hear those Burtons screaming UNCLE...........from here. :D

Yes, it's outside the manufacturer's IDEAL designs, but it works...the board rails on ice like....well, like a race board on ice :lol: . Apparently, burton designed it to ride like an I-Beam for people in the "nominal" weight range?

Check out Prior and this list of 4X4 boards.. 21 waist and goes anywhere and lovely ride. I ride a 174 and a 179 Plus Chris is also a damn nice guy with a damn nice company. Also if you want narrower go to his WCR list.

http://www.priorsnowboards.com/demo-boards-list.php?BSTY_ID=1

I'd love to try that 184 he has listed. Bet it won't last long