Note to New Members ×

This might be fun...

dano

I'd like to see video of a carver on edge, 1/2 way through a carve hit a jump on edge, clear an obstacle ( a prone parkmonkey or a cutout) and land again on that same edge and continue the carve.

I'm curious if it would be smoother to land on edge at the nose first ( like a windsurfer ) and start a frsh carve, or if you would just dig in with the tail edge and keep on slicin' the original carve...

I can do something similar. Depending on what board I'm riding, on a toeside I can load up the tail and when I'm very near the end of the carve, push off with my back leg, transition in the air and land on my heelside edge. I don't recall if landing towards the front or rear was preferable. I just tried to land with as much edge on the snow as possible. The best board to do this with was my yellowtop (98/99) factory prime 167/180. I never should have sold it. Oh well.

later,

Dave R.

In poor light I hit a kiddie kicker (about 12") mid carve near the edge of a run. I can't say that I'm used to being inverted on a snowboard, so after sliding an arm along the snow for a bit, the board landed and I was suprised to be able to recover to a slightly confused transition.

Those little kickers are a menace in flat light.

BobD

Those little kickers are a menace in flat light. BobD

i have two words: yellow lenses. I got a set for my frames last season and wont ride in flat light without them. even on the darkest days they still give enough definition to the mine-bumps to be able to carve a nice line at the end of the day