Note to New Members ×

New PS3! It can be yours!

Justin A.

I am selling 2 PS3's for the low low low price (you're practiacly stealing them from me!!!!!!!) of $19,098,908.95 each. Two lucky people now have the opportunity to make all of my financial troubles go away forever. If you buy these HOT game systems, I will never have to work another day in my life, and I will finally be able to enjoy my lifelong dream of owning a garage full of sports cars. I will also end world hunger, and I will pay for peace in the world. If that doesn't please you, remember that I will never have to work again if you buy these! Please help me retire to a private island in the carribean with my stable of sports cars; buy now!!1!!!!oneone!!1

Seriously...I can't belive how much people are paying for these things. I remember when the Nintendo 64 came out and people were paying almost $1500 for them for the first week. After that, supply caught up and prices plummeted to MSRP. A year later, I picked mine up for about $120. I hope that none of you here are (for lack of a better word) dumb enough to get caught up in this. Just check out the listings on Ebay to see what I'm talking about here. People are paying $4000 for a $600 item...people are being shot in front of stores. It's ridiculous.

Good luck to anyone who needs to go to wal-mart or best buy or any other store that sells these stupid things. I reccomend body armor.

I remember the same damn thing when the Xbox 360 came out. People camping out all night, then selling them unopened on eBay and craigslist for twice the retail price -- which is ridiculous enough.

The crazy part is seeing that Sony sells each PS3 at a loss of between $240 and $300 -- more than the retail price for Nintendo's new system. (source)

-jon-

here in CT/RI we had a shooting this AM over place in line at one walmart and at another a woman was offered $2000 for her place in line. I find it silly myself but then I bought 4 PSP's in Japan a month before they sold in the USA and sold them for twice retail. People are just dumb sometimes :smashfrea

People are just dumb sometimes

I don't believe that they are dumb... just that their personal values have gotten so far out of wack that these kinds of things have unmerited worth to them. And so... in this frenzy they drive themselves to the poorhouse in cadillacs and their kids are sick because they cannot afford perscriptions. (ok... rant-mode off)

I was at Best Buy yesterday (thurs) and saw the campers waiting outside for their slice of life. If I was younger and had some time on my hands and needed money - I might just have been one of those guys. If I knew that I could buy a $500-$600 thingy and double, triple or quadruple my initial investment in 1 month, I'd probably be on it. Somebody mentioned 4 G's, that's a nice new alpine setup and season pass.

If someone is willing to pay - who am I to tell somebody how to spend their money......suckers.

loss of around $300 a unit?

****, I'll buy one the minute there is a linux distro up and running on the thing.

this is what gets me with videogame consoles, they are at the point where they could be pretty functional home PCs yet none of the vendors really want pimp this, after the $250 mark only dedicated gamers or rich parents are gonna buy Jr a console, sony and MS have cut out a large part of their market

Right now the only console I'd consider is the nintendo, it's at a price where limited funtionality does not bother me as much.

MS could charge a $100 for a PC kit for the Xbox 360, I'm sure they could easily port the version of YDL that ran on the 64 bit PPC macs to it since the CPUs in the 360 are closely related, heh, MS being a linux vendor, that would the day