Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

boys,

bring the all-mtn's tommorow. i headed out for a couple hr's while MACK was taking her nap. started the day off on the all-mtn, then i quickly remembered how much i hated going over moguls on an alpine setup. never mind doing it with the new hip and hot and cold groin/hip flexor pain. sprinted back to the house to grab the burton custom and softies..................much better !

anyways its still coming down pretty good, and it should stop for a couple hrs. so when this gets groomed it will be a soft packed powder for tommorow. its supposed to be sunny so it should be really good !

gfy's and have fun !

jc

Today in Plymouth: 3" snow plus some wintry mix and a bit of light rain. Current temp 33.

Those guys at UPS can be such a tease. Wimps, don't they know it's important to deliver this while we have snow? Some tracking data on my Coiler:

02/28/2011 3:09 P.M. Emergency conditions beyond UPS' control.

02/25/2011 10:35 P.M. Emergency conditions beyond UPS' control.

02/25/2011 2:21 P.M. Emergency conditions beyond UPS' control.

02/25/2011 6:03 A.M. Out For Delivery

Canada 02/22/2011 10:02 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Screw it, I'm going to Loon tomorrow anyway.

2/27/11 Team 32 update

Good turn out on Saturday; we had Ken, Steve, Joe and I. Mojo was on the hill but it hurt us all to see him on the two planks, I think an intervention may be required. The conditions were good, and we hit the circuit just right and seemed to miss most of the crowds and lift lines. We ran the first annual Team 32 BX, the course was huge, the money booter at the bottom was a little intimidating but the gauntlet had been thrown down and there was no looking back. Let’s just say that I didn’t actually push Ken and rubbing is racing. There was also a controversy over one racer riding outside of the pre-agreed on course. We are still waiting on the officials to hand down the verdict and check the finish camera to see who won. There were no points given out or taken away on the hill. There was a post ride team meeting at Hamburger Heaven. Good burgers and $2.50 Rolling Rock pounders. At the team meeting it was determined that lime green is a violation and stretching under the lift was just to embarrassing to let go by -10 for each, sorry Joe.

CPS totals

Joe 65 (-20 from last update)

Glenn 115

Ken 130

Stevo 25

Gleb 20

Something for the team to think about:

http://www.sugarloaf.com/Events/Calendar/Banked_Slalom.html

Sugarloaf Banked Slalom March 19th!

Rode yesterday and today. Soft groomed yesterday - got pushed up pretty easily, but hero snow until it got lumpy and I got worn out. Groomed firmer today and lasted pretty much all day.

Met Rob Alexander both days. He was still carving up a storm on Picaroon after 2pm. Also found carver Dan and turned him over to Rob when I had to go up top to get ready for sweep.

Snow should hold up well for the weekend.

i think were looking at a washout for sunday ! i wanna know what pushee is smokin, im staring at www.weather.com, and its appears its gonna be a wet ****show on saturday, then the weirs beach surfcoaster for sunday. i haven't been able to ride a race board since 3/5, wtf.....................!

adam aint, dont be insulted if noones in the bunyan roon at 7:45am on sunday. there a better chance that some of the boys being on the hill saturday but that will be a game time decision. we've had way to many rain/sleet/crusty days at loon.

gfy's

Granted, Sunday may be a mess, but Saturday doesn't get up to 50% pop until noon. You guys will be in the Bunyan by then anyway. I think precip for Saturday AM will be light and somewhat mixed.

Call in sick and hit the hill tomoroow if you are worried about a little precip.

all i see is horse s h i t :barf:

Including Plymouth, Littleton, Franconia, Jackson, North Conway, Gorham, Berlin, Colebrook, Errol

Last Updated: 4:14 am EST, 3/4/2011

Today: A mix of sun with increasing high clouds and a bit milder. Highs: 25-28 with light south winds.

Tonight: Thickening clouds with some scattered snow showers possible. Lows in the upper teens with light south winds.

Saturday: Mostly cloudy with a few spot snow showers in the morning and a passing mixed shower in the afternoon. Milder highs in the mid to upper 30s with south winds 5-10 mph.

Saturday Night: Cloudy with scattered showers. Lows in the mid 30s.

Sunday: Cloudy with a steadier rain developing. Highs in the lower half of the 40s.

<!-- END module_content_body -->

it was pissa today ! i was pleasantly surprised, and fhukkin "A" street was going off. i heard it was business as usual in the valley today, sunny and 28 degrees. i guess the groomer operators were at the base lodge for Q's and A's with all the pass holders from the valley. here are some pictures from the base looking up at true grit and the summit looking down gemma:1luvu:

post-1557-141842338975_thumb.jpg

hello? glennwood you still all in tomorrow?? should be good i'll prob bring the nsr and wayfarers :cool:

North Country/Mt. Washington Valley Forecast

Including Plymouth, Littleton, Franconia, Jackson, North Conway, Gorham, Berlin, Colebrook, Errol

UPDATED: 11:52 am EST March 11, 2011

<!--startindex-->Flood Watch In Effect Through Tonight

This Afternoon: A steady rain tapering off this afternoon. Highs: 40-44 with east winds 5-15 mph.

Tonight: Rain showers changing over to mixed rain and snow showers before ending overnight. Lows in the upper 20s with light southwest winds.

Saturday: Mostly cloudy with a few light snow or mixed showers. Highs either side of 40.

Sunday: Remaining mostly cloudy with a few more rain or snow showers possible. Highs in the 30s.

(this report gets 1 nutswinger outta 5)

<!--stopindex-->

post-1848-141842340684_thumb.gif