Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

Can Loon please send their groomas to Stratton for some 1:1 tutoring?? Holy smokes what a good time!! I :1luvu: Stratton!! I love the grooming; I love the long wide trails; I love the hero snow; and I love the cougars dressed up in Bogner!! I'm still recovering from the gong show....my cheeks and abs are still sore from laughing so much. :biggthump

On a side note...Loon actually rode pretty well this weekend and coverage was good. Busy Saturday, but dead today (zero lift line at the West Basin!). Angel Street was sick with great pp and perfectly groomed. West Basin trails were scratchy in the early AM and then pretty nice later on with an inch of corn over the hard pack. Laps on an empty Coolidge were mighty fun!!

hey jd did you say 6pak??...yeah anotha round!! i finally figured out 20% on a $200 bar bill, few!! that much fun should be illegal.....:eek:

chappy i went to SR this w/e and "treated my board like it was my bitch" i fkn had a blast, cant wait for this w/e thanks guy!

Right on Stevo!

You guys have to get the play by play Ragged BX/Demo Derby story from KenB. I will just say he represented the Team.

I rode WV on Sunday; it was good in the morning. I pulled the chute early (11:30) and dropped the boards at The Speed Factory. Gareth if you have anything that needs to be tuned drop it off. It helps Dave on the change over on the machine and dressing to stone to do the boards together.

Big Duke what is the deal with Goon race training next year? I am interested if we can work out a deal. If this come together I may go full time Team32. I will even get new black pants.

chappy, i was going to dive into that this weekend. i just realized i haven't been up to loon in about a month, what a shame. i should probably start with cindy 1st, for her, to point me in the right direction at loon. i know, enzo and steve would be down for the cause. polaris didn't seem to pumped about the extra doe, understandably so. fligor and the perham boys would be probable, realisticly we could have about 5-8 guys on saturday mornings, along side the loon crew with coach jj. so the hill space is there. i was thinking 1 half day per weekend, either saturday or sunday mornings.

just dropped the dale off at the shop to fix the broken $hit from attitash. my bike took as big as a beatin as i did that day.

booking the copper trip tonight, you staying in the village or in frisco?

gfyt !

BD6, We will be staying at Copper. If you want I can talk to Allan S about who we should talk to. I would be interested in if we could also get a training week (non school vacation). Plus 1-2 half day sessions on the weekends. At lunch today we went out for the first mountain bike of the season, it was warm and the trails were fairly dry. It felt great to get out there.

I'd love to train more. I'm just unsure as to whether I will make it to enough sessions to make it worth the cost. If the price was right, I would probably pull the trigger.

As to the BX, I went from last seed to upside down to come from behind to steal the final in a pass at the finish line. I owe it all to my wax tech! The board took off like a rocket on the wet snow. BRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPP!

$aturday river road trip, anyone? :eek:

at least, at the 8 piles of $hit, it will be a $lutty mix of $now/rain. :smashfrea guy fatha, you can get the front seat both way$ thi$ time, we dont need mr negativity to $how up on what will already be a $hity day. :mad:

if not, im also down for the full blown $likka $off-bod free$tlye festival we could throw at leeewn, with an early pbr start at 10:15am. :barf:

option 3, just forget about the rest of the $eason and get the mt. bikes out !

what eva, does it look like i give a fhuck, guy!

:barf: leewn in march.

option 4: Catered pizza party by Elvios & drunken billiards at the Bitta End??

Forecast is pretty much the same for Linkin, Bethel, & even da Loaf....Temps around 40 and a chance of rain.

I'm up for anything. If it gets sloppy, I'll defn run the softserve setup. The LMP halfpipe was looking pretty ripe for the pickin' the other day.

The Govna's Gauntlet is on!!

stevo-

what's the snow report from Sumday Biggah?? Looks like a slim chance of rain for Linkin but a blizzard for Cannon. There's less of a chance for rain the further north we go.

Still undecided on our weekend plans...gOoN, 8piles of dog poop, or even da'Loaf'n'Ladle are all in the mix....:confused: At the moment, HPL has No Vacancy, but the flatlanders might cancel their reservation due to weather concerns. We should know know by Thurs what the heck we're doin.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i'm sorry but thats hilarious, the chili master is laughing uncontrollably. thats border line cruel but im taking it really we'll and still pissing myself! the only thing missing is the bud diesel wrist bands, and the red and black hells angels flanel.

gfyt

hey big duke, you get that hair cut fixed yet guy?

to answer the question, yes i did. i had a photographer at my house saturday for mini macks # 2 b-day. so dadda had to get his $hit together for the photo session. took an inch of the middle strip.

gfyt

ill be in new haven tommorow, you need me to pick up anything in brooklynn for you, roomy? see you friday night :biggthump

gfyt

lets see, 185nsr + 10 different snow conditions on each run = Fhukn $hithole

i'm not kidding, walking boss's was the best with VARIABLE spring conditions. packed powda, loose granular, sugar mounds, frozen granular, slush, ice, wind blown ice, groomed, powder maker groomed, ungroomed, yellow snow, branches, knolls, man made rollers. the worst part is i probably forgot to mention a couple, what a dump!

the best part of the day was running skier slalom gates with my nsr :freak3::smashfrea:eek::nono:. actually i lied, the pbr was serving pbr at 10:15am. after the liquid brunch late lunch, we were ripping it up with cam, the sit ski ripper over at the west for a couple runs. the kid rips, he's goona hook us up with some smith goggles and helmets he's the nh rep. he also swore by sport thoma's tuning. $35 with next day pick up ?? fhkkn bodeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

im up for suggestions on the weekend :barf:

stratton ? :1luvu:

gfy'st

enzoo- only in for sat...sun looks like chilifri vomit. i hope the HPL vacancy sign gets hung out again tho :1luvu:

jd had a midweek session with MoJo at gOoN, maybe he can lament on conditions :freak3:

So loon or SR this weekend?

Throw a dart....

745 pbr

745 tbars

745 peabody

745 barker

745 widowmaker

your drive up to the mtns this weekend's gonna be like our drive home from the eces banquet. Go left...right...you passed it....no go further....no turnaround.....stop...go...stop....go....wtf! I still can't believe u were sober. You were driving like a 74 year old 5 time repeat offender.

Just back from WV and I have to say it was good. The top was firm but rippable the bottom was a little sugary but fun. True Grit was solid but carvable. My board just off a Speed Factory tune was holding on all conditions, hats off to Dave. I had to leave early to go to Boston for Millie's last indoor meet. I think I will stay down here tomorrow and get so work done. See you all soon. Glenn

Their daily report says they might get 20 inches of snow when all weather reports show a couple inches of slush and rain. Another classic report right up there with their comment from a month ago about their "world class grooming". What a FRIGGIN joke! Glad I'm at the Loaf - real snow and perfect grooming!!

:lol:

enzo it's the new fcukin gOoN math! fcuk the decimals 2.0 becomes fcukin 20 and when it's snowing fcuk the symbols " becomes ' :AR15firin

i hate that fcukin place i hate my fcukin red and white candycanes i hate my fcukin black and blue fcukin ankle

Current report from the gOoN website:

"Keep doing doing your snow dance, please. Some predictions are that we could see 4-7 inches of snow in the base areas and 20-30 inches above 2000 feet! Add those accumulations to our current base depths and the post-storm skiing and riding will be epic!"

They really know how to push our buttons and piss us off!! I just drove past Linkin' on my way back from Sugarloaf. It was 42F and pouring rain. Not a flake of snow anywhere near Exit 32 or the Notch for that matter. The front four trails at Cannon are already showing patches of grass and mud. Rain all the way from just south of Rangely to Gorham, NH. The only snow we hit was along RT2 near Mt Madison/Adams. The forecast this week is perfect for snowmaking...sunny and 50's with highs near 60 by the end of the week.

I'm seriously thinking about road tripping to Sugarloaf for the rest of the season. Let me know if you guys are interested in joining me.

Hey gOoN GFYTT!!!

I spoke to my brotheroutlaw, Gord VonWhorelyck last night while driving back from the loaf. no bull$hit, sierra cement at the top of loon yesterday, he said around 6" of the heavy $hit, spittin a little rain mixed into the snow.

then the guy just called me again, from the top on the mtn today with an updated report, around 10-14"'s total from yesterday and last night. sierra cement, but at least not rain. not that im a the glass is 1/2 full type of guy, but its better than a complete washout.

i coundn't believe the conditions at the loaf yesterday, its like the place is on a different planet, we'll it mine as well be 6+ hr ride home last night. i cant stop thinking about the condo foresale just below, macchickmagnets place. the ride home was a $hitshow. in the parking lot i noticed my key was bent at 90 degree's, from me pulling it out of my gas tank intlet like an a$$hole. after bending in back, with my old trusty leathermilf, i finally got it to jammed into the keyhole so she would start. on the ride i ended up falling asleep on the backroads heading to the highway and wound up in a ditch. needless to say, after that i wasn't sleepy anymore. riding thru maine, nh and norther mass was effortless. then on 95 in the needham area. 2 cars with 10 minutes, hydroplained in front of me. the 1st ma$$hole in his x-5 beemer, hit his brakes, like a 12yr having his 1st ejaculation. he smashed right into the center median. missed him by a foot or so, then the same thing in dedham, this ma$$holecame to a complete stop, so intead of me literly running him over, i swerved into the median to avoid him. minimal damage: bumper air dam ripped off, and i need to replace my key. still worth it.