Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

Going tomorrow, saturday and sunday as well.

I'm going to be visiting family in NH this weekend and planning ride Loon Mtn on Sunday.

Due to weather reports of rain and seeing your posts about snow coverage, my wife and I

will probably leave our alpine gear at home - still undecided whether to

bring our soft gear, or rent boards.. fingers crossed we don't get rained-in.

Will keep an eye out and maybe get a chance to meet up with some of you East Coast carvers.

I'm somewhat hard to miss at 6'5" with brown snow pants and a blue race helmet.

Cheers,

~Karl

I'm going to be visiting family in NH this weekend and planning ride Loon Mtn on Sunday.

Due to weather reports of rain and seeing your posts about snow coverage, my wife and I

will probably leave our alpine gear at home - still undecided whether to

bring our soft gear, or rent boards.. fingers crossed we don't get rained-in.

Stay away from Gleb. He'll scratch your board!!:D

No rain in the forecast for the weekend. I rode this afternoon and conditions varied from lsgr to solid ice...epic for metal. :freak3:

Snow guns were blowing on some trails as well. We meet up at 7:45am in the Bunyan Room and we'll probably be lapping the East Basin double to avoid the crowds.

jd- after seeing the traffic heading north on 93 and all the pissa blue ice, the long bord and shot bord are both in the box. :AR15firin

enzo,

not one to usually stur the pot, but the fellas at richelson's had some choice words to say about you, and your threshhold for pain. im not going quote them, but something like the doc did a good job with your sex change?? :eplus2:

ill see you at 7:42am, ill have the big duke 185, and my new intuitions and a dump truck full of advilians.

scuffer if you need to borrow a setup, i have extra gear, with the exception of alpine boots. you cant miss us, look for the loudest and most obnoxious group of carvers in the world! dtmfh guy!

do it, to it, ova!

Enzo: Thanks for the heads up.. but does "lsgr" = "Late Season Great Riding?

or "Late Season Grass & Rocks?"

Ha ha - I'll hafta give Gleb the honors of droppin-in before me. :D

JD: Thanks much for the offer! :biggthump

After a couple minutes of pacing - decided that I'll bring

both my hard and soft gear. Having trouble predicting snow conditions

and might be miserable without the option.

Cool! - Will try to meet up at the PBR, otherwise will catch all-ya'all on

Cheers,

~Karl

IWIAWAHBICTOA

(I Would Insert A Witty Acronym Here But I Can't Think Of Any)

you mfbo'd fellas didn't miss a thing on the hill saturday. the ice, frozen waterfalls, & golf balls chunks were the best conditions i've seen so far this year. :smashfrea sunday was much better with more manmade. Flume was money!! scuff good meeting ya!!

the real show on Sat was in the PBR. spring training is now officially in full session so we were double fisted and cougar huntin the entire afternoon. :barf:

stevo we got you a new helmet. you just have to hose it out...we both puked in it moments later. :biggthump

post-580-141842274979_thumb.jpg

i have 5, team-28 true grit something t-shirts for sale. the proceeds for the sale of these t-shirts are going to a good cause. hopefully i can get enough money on this sale, that i can afford a lift ticket to wv, to give 2 individuals a clinic on how to dtmfh and fssu t32 style!

chappy, seriously thanks for the 2 week supply of toilet paper! ;)

gleb,

the only thing looking bad on a carvin bod at loon is you in those yellow pants, and the blind old drunk you hang out with.

You should've seen me this past weekend. I put the ol' banana pants in the closet for the past few days, and decided go covert with just the PJ Stock shirt. I was getting OOOOs and ahhhhs all over on my favorite double green run (7 hermaphrodites). Got alot of practice breaking bad habits of stiff legged riding. Monday and today was some of the best riding I've ever had, mostly due to the tune I got from Rogers. PTC is a lil outta reach for now.

Scuff, I'm sorry I didn't have the chance to scratch up your boards. I ended up waking up at around 1pm on both saturday and sunday, so a trip up north was a bit out of the question.

I'll catch ya next time. :AR15firin

Oh and I took a few runs fakie on the family trail, and I've been working on my 360. Only 270 more degrees to go. I'll be up friday. Anyone planning on missing work?

Was fun meeting you guys, if only for just a couple runs. Snow conditions didn't seem to bother you two, but really threw me off -

It was far more chunky/icy/inconsistent than I've ridden in years.

Switched to softies and rode pretty mellow the rest of the trip to keep up with Mrs Scuff - She was also

struggling with ice and the transition back onto a freestyle board.

The following day was loads better. The snow was more forgiving & spent less time in the lift lines.

Highlights:

*My well-tuned 3° edges are now thrashed - new appreciation for Ice-Coast carvers.

*Discovered South Peak on day 2. We had a blast carving down the blue runs, and I spent a good amount of time workin on switch riding/carving.

*Met a carver named Tim. Shiny Prior, stickers still on the boots and skidded turns indicated he might be fairly new to carving so I evangelized the Bomber site.

*Saw a coach and group of junior alpine riders heading to the gondola with gates. Always happy to see where the sport is being supported.

* "Found" an 18"+ hunk of metal off of a groomer while previewing the snowboard park. Took it to the Park Groomie who said 'Huh! Usually we notice when these things go missing!'

*Before the flight out, Pahked the rental Cahr in Bwoston and had Lahbstah and Oystahs for the very first time.

WTF?!?!? What's the deal with the tumbleweeds and cricket infestation around these parts???

I'm headed out to JH for the week. Hope you guys can keep it real. I'll try to post up some vacation pics...my goal is to ride a buffalo.

Since it's been pretty dull around here these dayz and the threads in the main forum make me want to punch someone in the head....did any of you guys catch the premiere of Eastbound and Down on HBO on Sunday?? Here's a clip of the opening scene...so fkn funny!!

GFYAYCKMAASMD

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlyvS-sbWzo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlyvS-sbWzo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

this is why there's a t32 and a t28. while t32 was out drinking bud light limes and strawberry dyke-a-ries, crashing parties like vikings till the early hours. we woke up a bit groggy/hung, but in understanding that we'll scare it out of us by 9am anyways.

have fun in the sun, and the perfectly groomed lower meadows! love t32 :1luvu:

i spoke to chief today and he said it was sick. i still cant believe i got bumped from the trip.

we'll nothing is going to change out this way. 2' of snow tonight, coming in the whites. by friday it will be 40 and raining, just in time for the low teens on saturday.

sunday riva $ucked on saturday. 8 big piles of dog $hit, crowded trails and euro trash everywhere. im allset with that joint. obtw, their grooming is worse than loon's. the only positive from yesterday was stevo joined the skoal brotherhood club.

i love this bah.......................

i love my truck.....................

i love wild berry chew............

simmer down there TK lova and enzo we need a more dangerous sticka placement big guy

believe it or not i'm heading back to the 8 peaks of sh!t on thurs to skid around and check out the WC rider set-ups...i suspect they are all running 6-6 howeva. if any of you berry breaths are going let me know what lodge you'll be at in the am.

ps- loon was money today and that aint the moosestache talkin :AR15firin

ILMBC

8 peaks of Sh!t is exactly what it is. I gave some goon in a yellow @$$kicker t-shirt the finger on sunday. You can run but you can't hide from t-32.

Not to go negative or anythin but Someday River gets three thumbs down from T-32. I keep thinking that someday I'll find something I like there, but in the end I never do....

Hey fruitbeerlova, berrychewdippa, welcome to the brothahood.

8 peaks of Sh!t is exactly what it is. I gave some goon in a yellow @$$kicker t-shirt the finger on sunday. You can run but you can't hide from t-32.

Not to go negative or anythin but Someday River gets three thumbs down from T-32. I keep thinking that someday I'll find something I like there, but in the end I never do....

Hey fruitbeerlova, berrychewdippa, welcome to the brothahood.

Thats who that was! I had no clue who was calling that famous name of mine. In my country, the finger means you want it in the pooper. I didn't really want to know that. Why did you go there instead of Loon?

My day started off like this: Got to Jordan Bowl at 7:45. Started heading in and my girlfriend said, "Oh my god, I forgot my boots at home...." So we piled in the car and headed off to the main lodge. Apparently they don't rent boots, only full packages. Also, they wouldn't honor one of my friends' voucher because it was a vacation week so she was gonna shell out $74. As we're heading out to the nearest ski shop, I found a brand new ticket on the ground with the little tab still on for a young adult. One problem solved.

Get to the Jack Frost rental place and its $25 to rent skis, boots and poles, and $35 to rent just boots....they charge $25 to adjust your bindings to the boots. I took care of the adjustment and they dropped it down to $20. Got back to the mountain and had to pahk a mile away. Back on the slope by 10:30. Overall, not a bad day. Conditions were decent all over except for the spots of wind. I definitely have waaaay more fun at loon on any given day.

+1 for the eight peaks of ****. They must've really screwed up on the counting because I still haven't counted 8.

Went to Loon today and it was sick! 10-14'' of powder. Went into the trees with my f2 158 sl and it turned out pretty good. I prefer carving over the slow ass powder.

I won't be out again till my spring break in 2 weeks:(

Here are the pics from Monday.

n105900246_30698586_2949.jpg

NICE GAYDA ![

QUOTE=Gleb;239406]Thats who that was! I had no clue who was calling that famous name of mine. In my country, the finger means you want it in the pooper. I didn't really want to know that. Why did you go there instead of Loon?

My day started off like this: Got to Jordan Bowl at 7:45. Started heading in and my girlfriend said, "Oh my god, I forgot my boots at home...." So we piled in the car and headed off to the main lodge. Apparently they don't rent boots, only full packages. Also, they wouldn't honor one of my friends' voucher because it was a vacation week so she was gonna shell out $74. As we're heading out to the nearest ski shop, I found a brand new ticket on the ground with the little tab still on for a young adult. One problem solved.

Get to the Jack Frost rental place and its $25 to rent skis, boots and poles, and $35 to rent just boots....they charge $25 to adjust your bindings to the boots. I took care of the adjustment and they dropped it down to $20. Got back to the mountain and had to pahk a mile away. Back on the slope by 10:30. Overall, not a bad day. Conditions were decent all over except for the spots of wind. I definitely have waaaay more fun at loon on any given day.

+1 for the eight peaks of ****. They must've really screwed up on the counting because I still haven't counted 8.

Went to Loon today and it was sick! 10-14'' of powder. Went into the trees with my f2 158 sl and it turned out pretty good. I prefer carving over the slow ass powder.

I won't be out again till my spring break in 2 weeks:(

Here are the pics from Monday.

n105900246_30698586_2949.jpg

I prefer carving over the slow ass powder.

guy are you high????

rocked the softboots today in 12"-18" in the trees and OB. my bro knows all the secret stashes!! :cool: did some hiking inbounds and headed OB for a sick run in the JH side country. more snow in the forecast for Thurs/Fri. the hardboots are collecting dust. :biggthump

post-580-141842276153_thumb.jpg

post-580-141842276156_thumb.jpg

sorry thats too much for you to read, Stevo. I'll work on that next time.

JD, the wind chill was waaay below 0 on North Peak. dunno how they kept the lift running. No one out there without one.

Enzo, no softboots for me yet. Was gonna get some for my trip out west but that got post poned till next season due to the puppy needing to get fixed. Don't know what was wrong with her, but I guess she's not broken any more. Hoping for some nice hard pack for spring break. I'll be there everyday.