Note to New Members ×

Tropical Tube boards

groovastic

• 3 weeks later...
Very nice board with race coarse roots. Snappy and powerful. Very fun!!

Great edge hold and a snooth ride with lots of feedback into the boots.

And what about their lifetime? Can they last forever like Pogo's and Virus', or maybe a bit less than forever like Coiler's or some other boards?

And what about their lifetime? Can they last forever like Pogo's and Virus', or maybe a bit less than forever like Coiler's or some other boards?

My Coilers have been totally indestuctable.........

that qualifies as forever with me.

Thanks for your answers!

I wouldn't like to discuss Coiler boards now... I mean, I like them very much. I owe a custom RaceCarve and love it, but I have to say that it lost almost all camber after the 2nd season (about 50 days of riding it). Maybe it's just my Coiler.

So, any other opinions on Tropical Tube? Does that discusible construction quality have a lot to do with lifetime?

• 1 month later...

My wife is an intermediate carver, advanced softbooter. She rode one of Lisa K's Tropical Tube SL boards at Snowperformance camp in December and absolutely loved it. She's getting one. She seemed to think it was pretty damp, but she hasn't ridden many alpine boards so not sure how to interpret that.