Note to New Members ×

Proton 185 VS Factory Prime 185

DiveBomber

it is 21cm, there have been a few of Klug's boards floating around with 21 cm waists as well in the last couple years.

if you get another one it's probably not gonna be nearly as good because chances are it will be stock, either suck it up and buy this one or find another brand.

No kidding! I just saw that guy in a picture with Rosey Fletcher a month ago. :biggthump

There's lots more where these came from. Don't worry divebomber, I'm not gonna post em' all in your thread.

Both the Rosey pic and the Jacoby pic were on the same day in Dec. of 2000 at a FIS GS race on Blackcomb.

ON TOPIC,

Despite what we say about burton team boards, the publicly available 185's are not total dogs and if you can get one in DECENT shape for $150,( original retail around $550) that sounds good to me. If you don't like it, you can still probably unload it for the same price you paid for it, or you could turn it into a very functional shelf for your books or even a small coffee table.

later,

Dave R.

make good freecarvers, I feel that if you group the FPs with freecarve boards they hold their own quite well, very forgiving easy going rides

150 is a fine price

depends on what you want, myself I'd go for the team board

Wish i could try them both then decided.

Which one would be more stable and less likely to catch and edge when straightlining it??

Which one would be more stable and less likely to catch and edge when straightlining it??

The public model 185 will be less likely to catch an edge if you are straightlining. They will have a normal base edge bevel, and since they are a bit softer, they will not tend to get caught as easily in a rut or irregularity in the snow.

Dave R.

the team board, it seems to me that they either used different glass on those or they did more to dampen them, thats a guess though

edge catching in my book is determined by four thing

width, narrow boards can get you when you're not looking

You not keeping your bad habits in check

your tune, base bevel does help a little

Cuff alignment, if you have a boot or binding not where it needs to be this can really mess with you