Note to New Members ×

An Observation...

jnshapiro

no one said anything about being gay. where were you when the dude was posting pics of the tandem hardbooters?

re: gay, my track record (of women) speaks for itself. :D

ps do you pay extra for the happy ending massages over there in Thailand? :biggthump

pps dont' see Borat..there's a scene in the movie where he's naked w/ another man. therefore, he must be gay.

now now, it is all in good fun; I just wanted to have a Seinfeld moment.

But regarding massage, I am definitely not gay, but for some reason every week when I get my massage, the guy keeps pulling down my pants and giving me sexy time in my groin. I don't really want him to, but he keeps doing it. How can I make him stop? It has been 2 years now, and more recently, he has stopped doing massage, and just does sexy time explosion for two time. :-)

Anyway, regarding Borat, having watched Borat since about 2001, I am fairly sure there is a clear reference in several skits that he is indeed gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I am looking forward to the pirated copies of the film coming here, as I doubt it will be on general release.

Bruno on the other hand - my favourite character of his (being that I work and consult in luxury fashun). Definitely gay.

Side track alert for Bobdea.

I used to work in the entertainment business as a model/TV host/actor here, so yes, I am VERY familiar with the gay community here, as almost all make up artists, stylists and fashion designers are gay (if male) and the number that are ladyboys (in Thai called informally katoey or formally sao prapaet sorng - the 2nd type of women) are maybe 20% of the total number of gays.

I have a few friends in this category, but for myself, I stick to the women, not that there is anything wrong with that.

It is, at least on the surface, perfectly acceptable to by gay in Thailand, and I'd say the number of gays here would blow most places out of the water other than gay hotspots like San Francisco or, er, TW snowboarding website :-) It is also perfectly acceptable to make incredibly un PC comments about gays and various other subjects, without people being offended. Thai language is kind of weird like that; I have been told but cannot confirm Spanish spoken in USA is a bit the same; you can be pretty direct and rude in good fun without offense. (I cannot speak it, so don't know if this is true).

The katoeys themselves are breathtakingly beautiful in some cases; the usual comment by men and women alike is if they are too good looking, then they might be a katoey (ladyboy). Unlike drag queens, these people look like a really really pretty girl but for the most part I'd say I could pick out 99 out of 100. A person less familiar with Thailand might be able to pick out 50 out of 100. The big fake boobs, slightly larger hands and feet and stance are the giveaways, but not all have these.

There are a number of katoey cabaret shows which do shows around the world. They also have all these big pagaents; actually pagaents are a pretty big deal here; almost everyone could name the last Thai woman to be a Miss Universe worldwide, yet I bet most people couldn't name that for most other countries?

My TV show were judges for this show recently I think, but fortunately I wasn't the guy doing the judging, one of my colleagues had to. Check out the contestants, not exactly looking like guys in drag.

http://www.misstiffanyuniverse.com/winner.php

When you consider that Coke is a major sponsor for this event, you can see how mainstream being a transexual is in Thailand. It is rather different to USA or NZ in parts.

So.... end of sidetrack; and let the flaming begin.

I'll start. bob, you seem like a flaming heterosexual :-)