Note to New Members ×

Wanted: Carving Families in New England

Guest Tom H.

In the ongoing battle to create a balanced life (in this instance, get as many days on snow while parenting two small children) my wife and I have rented a seasonal house at Sugarbush this season and plan to run it as a “Family Share House”.

We will run it like a traditional share house but with a family-friendly spin. We have full and half-share options. The house is very nice, close and I hear that there is some nice back country terrain right out the back door.

I don't see a lot of other carvers at SB. It would be great to have some trench digging partners...

Any carving families out there that might be interested? Drop me an email if this sounds interesting to you.

Thanks,

Tom H.

I don't have a carve family quite yet but I am working on it. I will be up to Sugarbush at least for one full weekend this year with another carver and a kid that carves on skis. I will drop a post when I go up. Hope to meet up with you and your family. Maybe I will be a carve family in about five years. My daughter is only 4 and my son is 1 but both are well on their way.

To be honest, I don't have a "carving family" either. My wife and I carve/freeride. My 4 year old skis (she is approaching her second season with great anticipation) and my 1 year is along for the ride for now, learning to love winter just like her older sister.

Any carving comrades making it to the bush this season, drop me a line and we'll make some turns and/or I can show you some of our bc delights.

Bring on the El Niño!

Tom H.

• 2 weeks later...