Note to New Members ×

Klug

djtrussny

Hey DJ, I haven't ordered anything from Klug’s website but I do know that he doesn't update the online store very often and I would imagine that the whole process might be slightly cumbersome being that some of that stuff doesn't even exist anymore. Also you can find more suitable equipment than some of that outdated Burton stuff without a ton of effort though I would make one small suggestion before doing that... do some more research and figure out what exactly you are looking to accomplish and what kind of riding you are looking to do. For instance are you just starting out or have you been on hard boots for years? Are you looking to go out and rail turns on hero corduroy or do you intend to go out and be a hero on rock hard icy race course stuff? I don't know how experienced you are but you will find that one board might be perfect for one application but not so hot for another. Also the other equipment you will be interfacing i.e. your bindings and boots will play a dramatic role in this equation. Sorry for the long winded response, just trying to be helpful, good luck.

jvb

Purchased an Alp Christmas 04. No contact method then either other than the online order process which still seems to work.

Board arrived promptly and was mint. They updated the intro verbage on the site last fall, and I've noticed that when an item goes out of stock, they do indicate it.

My bet is if an item has "order" next to it, it's still valid. Can't comment on your height/weight apropriateness for the Prime. I'm sure more informed riders will do so.

I will say there seems to be an anti-Burton bias among most of the serious carvers who frequent this site. I've owned most of their "free carving" boards over the years and many of their bindings, which do have a reputation for being fragile.

However, I'm an older duffer - easy on gear - and I've had few problems with their stuff over a twenty year period.

The visibility of Chris Klug and of Burton lead me to believe the site's still legit and the product first rate.

Good luck and have fun!

I want to order a board but there is no contact info or anything on the site. Has anyone ordered a board from there before? And at 6'3" 170 lbs is the 164 factory prime soft flex going to be fun or wash out all day?

I ordered the 164 FP last spring, it arrived 3 days ahead of schedule and it was in totally mint condition. Im 6'0" and 240 and I have a BLAST on that board. It's a much more athletic ride than would be expected from the "soft" flex. It's stil fairly stiff (not as stiff as my coiler) but it has ALOT of camber in it so it has a really progressive flex pattern that is a joy to ride.

________

NR750

I hope that I didn't leave anyone with the impression that I was somehow bashing Klug or his website because that was not my intention. He is a good friend and a good guy and if you order anything from his website rest assured that you will get it or you will recieve some communication to the contrary, don't let the lack of contact info concern you if you intend to move forward.

As for Burton's product line I would personally do a little more research and look into other mfgrs. This is coming from someone who grew up racing with Burton and has stood by their product for a long, long time. I don't question their quality, their boards have always held up for me. Their product is however somewhat dated and generic in the sense that most mfgrs are making spec boards for riders, even their Addicted line which I have ridden and raced on is dated technology and quite honestly not made for North American riders anyway. Supposedly they will be making semi spec boards in the next couple years though that developement is still off the horizon.

I would recommend that you figure out what kind of riding you will be doing and what you want to accomplish. There are a lot of boards out there and quite honestly a lot of boards that might be a little easier to turn and hence a lot more fun to ride. In the end that is what we are all here for, to have fun and rip some turns. Find a board that fits you, your ability, your interface and the type of riding you will be doing. Being on the wrong equipment can make this sport more difficult and a little cumbersome at times. The FP be it soft flex or hard flex is not the best board for going out there in variable conditions and just having fun. I would recommend a slightly wider platform and perhaps something with a little more sidecut for that application. Anyway, hope I clarified myself, didn't want to offend anyone, just trying to be helpful. Peace out.

Sure did! Got it in the mail in the plastic within 48 hours. Couldn't have worked out better! Now only if they ran in to some longer boards, that would be perfect! Can't complain here. Anyone know what this pattern is on the board? Is this considered 4X4 or do I need some adapter plate if I plan on buying some Bombers?