Note to New Members ×

FREE: Rossi Throttle 173 & Burton Floater 167

fishrising

I've got two borads I would rather give away then throw away. At this point I do not want to deal with shipping, even if you pay for it. That could change, but for right now this is for local pick up only, or a short drive for me, I live in central Connecticut.

1. Mid '90s Rossignol Throttle (S. Melhuse) Length:173 Sidecut: 11 Waist: 21

Great shape to ride. Usual topsheet scratches for it's age. Still has plenty of flex. Nothing major wrong with the base. I can probably even give away an old set of plates to go with it, but I would have to check and see what I have. Great for someone to give alpine a try with money only invested in boots. It is pictured on the left in my avatar.

2. Mid '90s Burton Floater Length 167 Sidecut: 8.78 Waist: 25

Can be ridden. Nothing major wrong with the base or core, but the topsheet is delaminating just behind the rear binding. Will make a decent early season / rock board for someone who wants it. Burton soft bindings and Palmer lifters/plates (forgot what they're called) included.

My brother-in-law is a softbooter, and he wants to get good at alpine so he can carve with me, but his funds are limited. I helped him get into a cheap (bro-form) pair of Raichle 413's and I was letting him use my old FP167, but the 13.2m radius on that board isn't so great for learning. 11m would be perfect! He's also got big feet and is over 6' tall, so the 21cm waist and 173 length are also perfect. I think he'd have a blast on this board. I'd reeeeally love it if I could sink the hook in him, that would give me a carving buddy in the family! Pretty please??

Edit - Tex, I know of scant few women who would enjoy getting back into snowboarding on a 173!