Note to New Members ×

Widest boot?

RDY_2_Carve

Ok I need a wider boot for next season. I'm talking about the width of my foot right below where my toes end. The pain is on the outsides of both of my feet (right below the pinky toe) and is absolutely unbearable. I'm ready to pony up whatever it takes to finally get some comfort.

History: I started with SB224's that were 1.0MP too big and the pain was tollerable (non-moldable liners). I tried some Burton's after that and it was 100X worse (tried moldable and non-moldable liners in them). Now I'm back to SB325's (moldable liners) which were extremely painful (couldn't last 4 hours in them) until I had them punched out (by a pro bootfitter in Aspen @ SES) and now I can last 8 hours in them but still have a good amount of pain.

What's my next step? Head? UPZ?

Are the Deeluxe Shells wider with the Suzuka/Indys or are the liners thinner allowing more space (compared to thermoflex in the SB325's)?

Who here has problems with foot width? What did you do to fix it?

Anybody willing to help me "demo" some other boots to see if they fix my problem? I'm just talking about wearing them for a couple hours around the house-not even on the snow. I'm MP 26.0 and might be able to squeeze a 25.5. I'll pay round trip shipping of course and perhaps we can work out some type of deposit or whatever.

Help me now or I'm going to take a hack saw to my feet!

Surefoot doesn't do vacuum bag insoles - you're probably thinking superfeet. Surefoot insoles are molded from a single piece of foam just for your foot after you stand on a cool thingy that models your foot.

To answer your original question: Head or UPZ is going to be your best answer. I have E width feet and Heads fit better than any Snowboard boot I've had (I've had various Raichles, UPZ and Head).

Buy the Heads from Fin or a local shop (if you have a local shop).

My feet are a little wide at the toe joints but very narrow in the heel, Suzukas + custom footbeds are working very well for me. Much better than the SB series. If they were much wider at the toe joinmts I'd need some punching done. Curiously, I found the Heads uncomfortable in the toes - my big toes curl upwards a bit and the Head shells were not roomy there, at least the '02 or so Stratos LTDs that I had - the transluscent ones.

I dig the way the Suzukas flex and of course the BTS so I'm stickin' with 'em as long as I can :biggthump

it really really really sounds like you might need to spend your time and money with some pro orthotics. Did you get those footbeds from me? were you the one that did them yourself?

if so, Id say go to surefoot. My feet are pretty darn wide too, and Ive been ok with both suzukas and head stratos. Im obviously no pro, but it really sounds like you might have a support problem, not a width problem

Surefoot doesn't do vacuum bag insoles - you're probably thinking superfeet. Surefoot insoles are molded from a single piece of foam just for your foot after you stand on a cool thingy that models your foot.

Yeah sorry I always get sure/super feet confused.

They aren't the foam ones-they were molded exactly like I described (heated then vacuum-bagged to my feet). You can get this done at REI but mine was done in Angel Fire.

I couldn`t even fit my foot into the suzukas with out my foot going numb within one minute.

Yeah that's me. I'm ready to get out of my boots after about 5 mins.

So it sounds like Head or UPZ for me. I guess my last question would be which is wider?

it really really really sounds like you might need to spend your time and money with some pro orthotics. Did you get those footbeds from me? were you the one that did them yourself?

Nope that wasn't me, but I know you wanna make a profit on those MP26 Stratos you bought here recently. ;)

Closest Surefoot is in Taos. Maybe I'll just go see a doctor first before I take that plunge.

Nope that wasn't me, but I know you wanna make a profit on those MP26 Stratos you bought here recently. ;)

that's a bit of an odd thing to say...absolutely no relation to what I asked or suggested. Why?

And, in all honesty, Id rather get INTO them. They might be a bit small for me. Funny, but right when I got them I emailed you through bomber and said you could have them if I couldnt fit them. No response. Odd.

so yeah...anyone want a pair of stratos pro for $500? great deal!

that's a bit of an odd thing to say...absolutely no relation to what I asked or suggested. Why?

And, in all honesty, Id rather get INTO them. They might be a bit small for me. Funny, but right when I got them I emailed you through bomber and said you could have them if I couldnt fit them. No response. Odd.

so yeah...anyone want a pair of stratos pro for $500? great deal!

Wierd. Never recieved that email for whatever reason. I only mentioned it as I knew you had gotten some Stratos MP26.0's off the classifieds a little while ago.

Forums are so impersonable; I definately wasn't trying to ruffle your feathers or anything. If you were intersted in selling that would be great.

actually I was gonna wait til things got goin this season and see if I can trade someone for 27s if I cant get these fit properly. I have a lump on my right big toe. I think I broke it last fall doing something stupid...and now its a spur...

My bootsize is 8.5 - 9 EE (bordering on EEE)

I have UPZ's '03-04yr. and had Surefoot in Mammoth heat the shell and expand them in the area that you mentioned.

We also took material off the liner. There way better now and could use a small tweak to make them a bit more comfortable. I sure there’s other decent boot fitters out there that could do the same. Then there’s always Strolz...

http://www.strolzboots.com/

Good Luck.