Note to New Members ×

Foolish kids at TWS

jtslalom

...but then I remember the line.

Waiting in line for ice time is probably the worst part of riding pipe, and probably enough to keep me carving high-speed lines most days next year. Still, I'm sure there will be some sloppy days when I venture back into the pipe to give it another whirl. It really <b>is</b> pretty cool...just not as cool as carving :)

this is exactly the reason I will never venture into a snow halfpipe again but I love a plywood/concrete ones. On wheels Snake sessions are the norm you wait for an opening and drop in. More often than not I step out the top from exhaustion. Unlike snow halfs where it runs out and you need to hike or take a lift. Mind you I'm the first to admit that while I can skate a half I can't snowboard one for ****.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am, and that's why I read TWS and hang out with teens sometimes. I'm not killing it in the park, but I'm curious about it and enjoy watching it. An accepting attitude goes a long way toward understanding, esp. w/teenagers.

Weren't we all teenagers once? Aren't we all just humans going for the thrill of sliding downhill on snow? What's with all the us and them?

peace.

Cindy,

I also have a subscription to transworld snowbaoarding. I read it, or more like look at the pictures because I like to see what is going on in snowboarding. I don't like the way it is written and I usually disagree with the writers opinions but it is one of the only magazines that covers snowboarding. I also subscribe to skiing magazine to get info on ski areas and what some of the world cup athletes are doing. They also have better written articles.