Note to New Members ×

PTC closed till August? Where to get a good tune?

snow|3oarder

Yeah, Peter seems quite passionate about tuning equipment. I haven't been able to ride my fprime since he tuned it, but it sure looks like nice work. He requests that you remove your bindings when you drop your board off at the shop and I would imagine he'd want the same if you were to ship it to him.

He also has a new website.

www.alpinebaseandedge.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Peter Hill Boyer

Hey Folks: I just wanted you to know that Alpine Base & Edge is open for tuning all year long. Visit my website www.alpinebaseandedge.com for address info for shipping boards to me for tuning. I have an Sigma RS350 grinder (Wintersteiger) and have a custom program for teflon bases (ie: Virus Hyper Carbon). Call me for prices, OK? I tune alpine carve boards, snowboards, split boards, alpine skis (of course) and mountaineering/telemark skis. (303) 443-0814 - shop phone

• 4 weeks later...

I just received the two decks I sent to Mike @ PTC at the beginning of the summer. Absolutely beautiful work on my wife's Coiler FC 165 and my Donek FC 175.

In addition to the precision grind and uber-polished edges, Mike did some work with the sidewalls on the Donek. They are now planed much like those on a Coiler - so that one doesn't wind up getting sidewall with their file when applying a bevel. Of course I have no intention of beveling these babies on my own but it will be nice to have easy access if and when I have to smooth over any dings with a diamond file.

Jonesing just hit a totally new level. I cannot wait!

Forgive me for the noobie question, but do you have to remove your stomp pads when getting base grinds done?

Yes. My wife will be getting a new stomp pad on her Coiler in November - I decided a few years back that being a quiver-holic meant learning to go without stomp pad ;)

• 3 weeks later...

For those in the Portland area. Greg Coulter at Hillcrest has done a beautiful job on the last couple Tinkler customs. 2506 SE Burnside , Gresham OR 97080

503-665-4455 , greg at hillcrestsports.com , I have known Greg for years and he is a straight up guy. Approx. 40-50$ for a "Super Tune" on your alpine board. Bryan

For those in the Portland area. Greg Coulter at Hillcrest has done a beautiful job on the last couple Tinkler customs. 2506 SE Burnside , Gresham OR 97080

503-665-4455 , greg at hillcrestsports.com , I have known Greg for years and he is a straight up guy. Approx. 40-50$ for a "Super Tune" on your alpine board. Bryan

Good to know Bryan Thanks

Jim