Note to New Members ×

FREE ! Burton hardboot bindings

Dave ESPI

ITEM NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

I have a set of Burton hardboot plate bindings. They have the 3 hole center disk in them. they were given to me by a friend who rides, but no longer is a hardbooter (he is an old and grey tired man now LOL) . they are old like I said, but are still useable, or are good for parts. The base is maroon color. I have no idea the model.

I do not use Burton boards.

anyone wants them,

LMK.

No charge, but if you could swing me a few bux to cover shipping that would be swell.

EDIT: ITEM IS TAKEN. Thankyou for reading :)

Do these not work with modern insert patterns? And whey are the holes oriented 90 degrees to the usual way? I see how that can be used to adjust bias, but no back/front movement?

Edit: I just remembered where I have seen this before... I used to have a pair of Liquid freeride bindings with combi 4-hole/3-hole disks, and I think the 3-hole pattern was like that. I think they are from the '02 season though.

I can even pick them up instead of having them shipped cause I go through Albany every other weekend...my next trip home from Boston will be for 4th of July weekend, so I can swing by then

OK, they are yours then. :lurk:

Drop me a PM, I'll give U directions to get to my place.

ttyl.

D-

acutally they do have replaceable discs and can be used with 4 hole mountings if you have discs for them. If you want them I *might* have some. I wont be able to look for a month or too cause they are up in vt but if you want them I'll look next time I go up

Whatever you guys could do for me would be most appreciated. I don't know much about bindings yet and I just purchased a Volkl RennTiger 168GS bare. So whatever disks you have that could replace the ones on the burton bindings making them compatible with my board I would be interested in taking a look at. Thanks for the help guys.

I appreciate all of the honest feedback from everyone. I am taking what everyone says into consideration. Although, just to be fair, I am at least going to pick up the bindings on my way back home cause I told the seller I would.

Can anyone also tell me if you were starting out alpine riding, if certain ski boots with a softer flex could suffice in place of alpine hardboots???

And OldSnowboards- you were pretty close- I'm 20

while you will get alot of advice against it, I rode in ski boots on and off for several years. the most common ski boots you'll see being used are Raichle Flexons. Also, if you can find them, Line Reactors are basically snowboard boots. If you have $ to spend, the new Dalbello Krypton Rampage is a soft modern version of the flexon.

Hey Dave...sorry about not calling back...I was running late through Albany and did not have time to stop by because I would have missed the rest of my carpool up north...I was going to drive through Albany tomorrow late afternoon on my way back up to Boston when I have more time, but if Ike wants them he can have dibs on them...sorry for the confusion and tardiness...hope you enjoy the bindings Ike

...you can still have them. I don't have the correct inserts. I have 4X4's but poeple have said that normal ones don't fit.

I still have to continue the search for them. If you have them already, then go ahead.

I have 11 screws and 2 plates in my left arm due to those pieces of crap.The little flip bails can slide on the teeth under heavy load.I landed a pretty big jump and the rear binding kind of pre released like a ski binding on impact, it just slide enuf for my boot to come out. That resulted in a few cartwheels and I came down hard on my arm...snap.2 weeks before a trip to Crested Butte. Throw them away, they suck.I've never had a problem with Burton race plates, they're great.

I have 11 screws and 2 plates in my left arm due to those pieces of crap.The little flip bails can slide on the teeth under heavy load.I landed a pretty big jump and the rear binding kind of pre released like a ski binding on impact, it just slide enuf for my boot to come out. That resulted in a few cartwheels and I came down hard on my arm...snap.2 weeks before a trip to Crested Butte. Throw them away, they suck.I've never had a problem with Burton race plates, they're great.

Yah, um I'm fine...skor can have them :)