Note to New Members ×

Mammoth Mtn. snowperformancecamp

110/220V

Congratulations to Coach Sean Cassidy (et al.) this weekend for TOP effort and execution of the snowperformance camp at Mammoth Mtn. this weekend. Also, a sincere 'thanks' to Donek and Bomberonline for donation of equipment available for camp participants' use.

Apparently, the (Mammoth Mtn.) camp this year was considerably smaller than last year's, but I couldn't help notice each rider received constant, personalized coaching suitable to his or her specific level, and on a daily-basis.

Specialized drills, daily film/stills-review, and gate-running were highlighted with the freeriding aspect unique to Mammoth Mtn. terrain; each itinerary contributed toward the improvement of all participants, regardless of experience or motivation. This year's camp had participants all across the spectrum of ability; first-timers, and seasoned competitors alike, seemed very receptive to each other's specific needs with regard to the camp effort.

Of course, the snow in Mammoth was excellent this late in the year, and the conditions for this year's camp varied from spring to full-winter (with a fresh dump the last day of training!)...

Coach Gavin Hunter and Coach Allison Mawditt were also invaluable with logistics, especially during Sunday's big snowfall. Despite their own charges, they were extremely helpful on the (timed) GS course, and provided their own unique input whenever possible.

The snowperformance camp was a refreshing experience, and I encourage riders/racers at any ability-level to mark a future snowperformance camp on the calendar. Regardless of your specific ability level, you are sure to make the most of this rare opportunity for either the specialized Alpine-specific Coaching, or the beneficial camaraderie within this unique demographic.

Again, it was a pleasure to watch each of you work at your sport!

110/220

Man I really feel like I made a big mistake skipping this year's camp. I wasn't able to commit due to work, and at the last minute I found I was able to go. I did catch up with Sean briefly on Friday coming down Stump Alley, and it looked like you guys had a really good group there.

There is no way I am missing it next time around! Lets hope we can get the turnout we had last year (18 or so hardbooters over 3 coaches)!

i really wanted to go again this year, and cause Sean more heartache (while representing the EC, of course). Neil, I talked with Dane and he said that whole crew (Chris. B, Dave, Scottie) wasn't able to make it this year.

I can say its worth it with my past experience with snowperformance. I dont see a chance of me riding at all on snowboard this summer considering my serious busy as *$(# schedule with constructions of lifts/gondolas in Colorado.

Guest shrederjen

Wow, I have to say thanks to everyone.

Sean, it was really fun, and you did a great job keeping everyone happy and moving. Thanks for the equipment from Bomber and Donek. Too bad, I was too in love with my Madd 170 to ride anything else...... Gavin and Allison did an excellent job of organizing all the logistics. It was nice to have everything there, right outside our door. Thanks to my group, John, Andre, and Travis. Got pics, send me your emails!!

Oh yea, and I know everyone was a bit down when it was starting to snow Sunday morning, but I was sure jumping up and down with Pow Pow joy!!!

maydump.jpg <br>Jen, Andre, and Sean on the chair being dumped on Sunday, 21 May.

topofmammoth.jpg<br> Top of Mammoth Gondy Jen, Travis, John, Andre, & Sean.

Guest shrederjen

Okay, okay, sorry.

Top pic on the chair, left to right,

myself (Jen), Andre, and Sean.

Lower pic at top of the gondy, left to right,

myself (Jen), Travis, John, Andre, and Sean.

Sorry, dont know their screen names... :)